Sunday, December 19, 2010

So Tired That I Couldn't Even Sleep

No Repeats, Day 6
Greetings from Ohio, Stylenation!  I can't believe I'm posting so late, but I can't sleep because I'm still on Central Time, so it's only 11:30ish for me. I'm waking up pretty early to go to church and breakfast with my Grandma in the morning so I should get to sleep soon, and I'm pretty worn out, but somehow wide awake.  Visiting home can be so exhausting because every minute seems like it's jam-packed with things to do and people to see.  Today I went out to breakfast with my dad, finished up a majority of my Christmas shopping (the mall was a nightmare - ugh!), visited with my aunt and baked a ton of Christmas cookies with my mom.

Sorry for the picture quality here (and the odd expression - it was cold this morning!).  It's possible that my pictures are always this bad, but Jude is a nice distraction in most of my photos.  But Jude didn't make the trip, so it's just me and grainy pictures, my friends.  My parents' yard makes for some lovely backdrops, especially with the snow, but I'm not used to the lighting so things could've turned out better.  For instance, you can't see the fun detailing on this tank top in the picture above...

...or these shoes!

These were an early Christmas present, but I haven't been able to wear them until recently because of 30 for 30, which is just a shame.  I like these shoes a lot better with skirts (and they looked better with my jeans not in photos, I swear), but the idea of jeans and heels is growing on me.  Usually I pair my jeans with flats or sneakers for comfort, but these heels are seriously that comfy that I could walk around on them all day.

Stylenation, what do you do when you can't sleep?

Cardigan: Loft
Tank & Jeans: Gap
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks

7 comments:

  1. Love the shoes! And the whole outfit, actually. Are we going to see a church dress tomorrow?

    Apropos of nothing, how tall are you? I always assume you're taller than me, but I assumed the same about Dr. Da because the angle of her photos made her look tall, and she turned out to be wee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking slammin' hot in the first picture. Those long and lean jeans with the new shoes are a great look for you. And of course, I continue to have envy over the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your outfit has great casualness and shows off your curvy figure and long legs (so thank your jeans for that). Of course, I'm always looking for one small pop of color, but I know it's personal preference.

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. And when I say a small pop of color, I mean something like even a small hardly there delicate necklace with one tiny little circle of red, or a pair of inordinately bright statement shoes with an outfit like that.

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia: Well, more like church skirt... but still something dressy! And I'm 5'9 in my stocking feet. I can't tell if the tall trees and short fence behind me are adding height or not...

    Jules: Thank you!

    Rad: Hot enough to melt the snow? :) But the Long & Lean jeans continue to really earn their name! (side note: this is my "skinny" pair too, since I dropped a size a month ago or so!)

    Audrey: I couldn't agree more with you on the need for an accessory of some sort! I don't know about color, but I definitely felt like the outfit needed something else. I have a couple long, silver necklaces that I think would've looked nice, but accessorizing while traveling is hard to pull off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are tall. I love that plum cardigan.

    ReplyDelete