Tuesday, December 7, 2010

30 for 30, Day 29: Cheating

I have myself a pretty busy work-from-home day today.  I have a lunch date with one of my girlfriends who works from home pretty regularly herself.  We both get pretty bored with not seeing people during the work day, so once every couple of weeks we get together and cook each other lunch.  Later this afternoon, I'm having coffee with a friend of mine and Rad's (she emailed us yesterday Rad, if you're wondering which friend).  She reads the blog and mentioned the 30 for 30 challenge on the phone this morning, so it occurred to me that meeting up with her today will keep me honest.  I mean, it'd be crazy to cheat this late in the challenge, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little tempted by everything else in my closet.  That's why I'm so stoked about the No Repeats Challenge.

I've been pretty good about sticking to the 30 items clothes-wise, but shoes have been tricky as of late.  When I started the challenge, it was unseasonably warm, about 60 degrees out.  Over 29 days, the temperature has dropped and the ground has become covered with snow and ice, so all of my cute flats and pumps aren't quite practical for being out and about (though still fine for office-wear).  So today I'm wearing my brand new Sporto boots.  They'd definitely look better with skinnier jeans or leggings, but this is what I have to work with for the next 2 days.  As I mentioned before, I'm a huge fan of my Sorel boots, but they are admittedly a little heavy and clunky.  These Sporto boots are the total opposite - so lightweight it feels like I'm wearing my slippers!  And they're lined with some faux fur, so they're super warm and cozy (even if the fur made Jude think that they were toys for him while I was unpacking them from the box last night).

Fellow 30 for 30ers, have you been tempted to cheat too?

Sweater (item #8): Gap
Jeans (item #16): Gap
Boots: Sporto, via Piperlime
Scarf: Gap
Headband: Hazel Chicago

hello

11 comments:

  1. Yes! cheating - I bought a sports bra during the challenge -so wonder if that counts as cheating on the no shopping part- but I needed it for workouts. Also- while I may wear one of my 30 for 30 outfits out and about at home I'm in comfy jeans or loungey legging outfits.
    Is that cheating? My big cheat will come tomorrow. While I will wear a 30 for 30 outfit to work- I will no wear a 30 for 30 item when I go out for our anniversary dinner.

    You've done really well on your challenge - as have other ladies. I was sort of computer less so could not post photos but I feel like the last two weeks it's bee n getting boring... the No Repeats sounds like it will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I wish I could see our mutual friend.
    I agree with LaFille- you have been rockin' this challenge. And if that's cheating to wear leggings at home, then I don't how folks could it. I mean, that's a lot of laundry.
    Those new boots are the tops. You're gonna be the warmest gal in Chi-town!
    Yeay for almost being done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting to feel like I know a certain part of your wardrobe very, very well, Anne! I'm almost tempted to cheat for you. Yay home stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those boots. I think it is a really hard time of your to do a remix challenge, especially for folks in colder climates. Warm boots are a necessity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne, I hope you'll show us a close-up of those boots sometime soon. They look great from this vantage point.

    It's nice that you have Jude in her coordinating harness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thou Shall Not Cheat! Anne, home stretch baby! You have been doing an amazing job and no coat, jacket, jean, or sweater will get in the way of your last outfit. Do you hear me! You RULE this 30/30 challenge!
    p.s. snow boots do not count. it is written so it is true. that is not a cheat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What SU said about the snow boots? Totally totally true. Also, the Vampire Cat is always very interested in the faux fur on my Sorels. Does this mean that faux fur isn't really faux fur?

    Also, you are medalling in scarf-wearing with this challenge. I love this checked scarf on you. Own the rest of this challenge, A-Dawg (that's your rap name; I totally just made it up), own it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jude seems to think it's quite alright, and I'll agree. You can't control the weather, and life must go on, challenge or no challenge. If that means wearing some boots outside the 30, then that is what you must do.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  9. La Fille: I change into my jammies within an hour of getting home most days, and I don't think that's cheating. I don't think a sports bra is cheating since workout gear is outside of the challenge. If it is, then I did even worse than I thought because I just bought a bunch of new winter workout clothes! Happy Anniversary dinner tomorrow :)

    Rad: She'd love to see you too (and I would too)! We had a fab visit and some tasty hot cocoa today :)

    Cynthia: Seriously, if I don't see some of these pieces for another month, I'll be happy.

    Rebecca: You're right about the time of year - a month or two earlier or later probably would've been more consistent at least.

    Charlotte: Yes! There will be a close-up in tomorrow's post. And actually it was nice of me to coordinate with Jude for once - he's always wearing that great blue harness.

    SU: Thank you for absolving my potential cheat! If you say it's so, it is :)

    D-Med: A-Dawg! What a perfect IPF-style nickname! And the faux fur has to be faux, right? Jude loves destroying stuffed animals, so I think that's why he liked the fur some much. I hope.

    Lyddie: Jude does look like he's high-fiving me in approval, doesn't he? Although I do wish I could control the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New winter boots or coats being purchased and/or worn during the challenge is not a true cheat, in my eyes. (And I am not just saying that because I did it too, LOL!) Outerwear was excluded from the challenge for exact that reason; November is just too unpredictable a weather month for those of us in the north! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like those boots. I think it is a really hard time of your to do a remix challenge, especially for folks in colder climates. Warm boots are a necessity!

    ReplyDelete