Monday, December 13, 2010

Last day


We still have finals after today, but it's my last classroom day.  It's grey and rainy out, so I am wearing the wellies with a wool skirt.  But it's the last day, so I am layering the wool skirt over a super short shirt dress from Zara that I picked up at Beacon's closet for a song back during my GAAD break a few weeks ago.  I think of this as professorial frump meets disco queen.
I'm a bad blogger that did not photograph my outfits this weekend for the start of No Repeats.  I can try to recreate these outfits when I get a chance.  Tomorrow, we have a faculty meeting so I hopefully I can bring my style challenge wits then.

Happy Monday, Style Nation.  I am officially jealous of my midwestern comrades who got gobs of snow.  55 degrees and rainy on Sunday was just not acceptable for December.
Shirt: Zara, via Beacon's Closet
Sweater, skirt, tights: Uniqlo
Boots: dunno brand, via Daffy's

11 comments:

  1. Wait, weren't we starting today? It's the 13th, right? You're not a bad blogger. Or if you are, I am too.

    Good last-day outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy last day!

    I would be glad to trade you the gobs of snow that we got here. Hip-high drifts are making everything, including taking Bailey outside, a huge pain in the ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cynthia: Oh, good. I'd rather be a ditzy blogger than a bad one!
    @LaHdM: Yes, let's switch. I love the sunny days after snow in Minnesota. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely blouse!

    I am so over the snow, it has resulted in public transport chaos, people stranded on the motorway overnight, the transport minister resigning over somehow having suggested that the transport chaos was due to unprecendented snow and not, you know, his personal fault, and me slipping on the ice and falling on my head. Enough! I really hope it won't snow again until I am safely out of the country on Saturday.

    sorry, that was a bit weird. But yes. non snow = a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in Minnesota, my style choices for the next 5 months will need to include tall boots and a parka... I'd take a little rain and a hugh jass umbrella :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHoo hoo! end of the semester! Love this outfit - i want that skirt!

    Hope you get more sunny days your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silly Rad, the challenge starts today! :) Enjoy your last classroom day!

    And I'd so not be jealous of our weather. It's sunny and snowy here, but also 10 degrees and windy. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blouse is extremely happy-making.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, the weather yesterday was just awful! I would have much rather gotten snow.
    The dress makes for an adorable top!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. The short dress looks great as a shirt! Can't believe your semester is ending so late...I have four classes grades tallied and three finals left to give.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know, the weather yesterday was just awful! I would have much rather gotten snow.
    The dress makes for an adorable top!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete