Monday, December 6, 2010

30 for 30, Days 27 & 28: The Home Stretch

Sunday
Wow, it's hard to believe I'm down to just 2 more days in the 30 for 30 challenge!  I've gone through a lot of my previous 26 outfits, and I'm amazed that I was actually able to put together so many unique (well, most of the time...) outfits with just 30 items.  It definitely makes me see which items are total workhorses.  I'll have more final thoughts on this on Wednesday when I'm all done, and possibly some nerdy analysis too.  But it's worth noting today.

Sweater (item #9): Loft
Jeans (item #16): Gap
Shoes (item #29): Loft
Scarf: Gap

Monday
As I write this, it's 12 degrees outside.  And according to weather.com, it feels like -2 out.  We just had our first snow last week, I'm not sure that I'm ready for sub-zero temps just yet.  So today I'm doing some layering.  Corduroy blazer over a midweight sweater, and lined pants over some Cuddl Duds, and all of that under my big down coat.  All to make it through my one mile walk to the train station.  

I had a really fun weekend, so I'm definitely not ready to head back to work.  But I only have 6 more office days left after today until January, so that's exciting!

How's your week shaping up?  30 for 30ers, are you looking forward to Day 30 as much as I am?

Blazer (item #6): H&M
Sweater (item #7): Limited
Pants (item #19): Limited
Shoes (item #28): Naturalizer
Earrings: Bohm, via Hazel Chicago (via early Christmas gift from my parents)
Brooch: Etsy

hello

7 comments:

  1. Home stretch! Go, Anne, go! You've totally rocked this challenge. I think what I learned is that burgundy/wine and purple are your power colors, though you obviously look good in many colors. And that those grey pants are clearly magic pants.
    I'm wearing a similar scarf as the one in outfit 27!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where, on the nerd spectrum, does it place me if I'm excited for your analysis? Like you, I'm looking forward to the end (though you have been doing some amazing remixing!) but I've also found out some useful things about what I actually wear and what probably doesn't work for me.

    Also, is that a velvet blazer?? Either way, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how fast this winter came on--after seeming like it would be summer forever, we had a blip of autumn and now, serious cold weather. As Rad says, you've really found your colors in the purple-plum-wine range. They bring out your rosiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, you can not go wrong with purple and pink. I think you and I could probably raid each others' wardrobes pretty effectively since they're my faves too. Are you looking forward to being able to wear all your clothes again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another vote for the purple-plum-wine-magenta range as your power colors, to borrow Rad's phrase. Your brooches are making me realize that I need more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the earrings and brooch. You have some great accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. -2° wow, that sounds awful. And I'm here hating 33°.
    I love the bright scarf with the stripey top -- and I can't believe it's been nearly a month already!!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete