Monday, December 27, 2010

Snowed in workaholic

I hope that everyone at StyleNation had a beautiful and fun Xmas (and if you didn't celebrate it- Happy Festivus).  I had a great Xmas eve/Xmas, but I have to admit that since I didn't travel, I worked on both days.  And I worked a lot yesterday.  This East Coast blizzard has made me feel better about the fact I didn't travel to see my folks in Atlanta because in likelihood, my flight would probably have been canceled. A colleague of mine who visited family in Chicago was supposed to fly out yesterday, and the earliest she can fly out is Thursday.  This would have been unfortunate because my mountain of work to requires many hours logged in daily to chip away at it.  I don't think I LOVE to work, the way some of my very intellectually minded buddies from graduate school operate.  I have a lot of other interests in addition to my academic pursuits.  But I think I was trained a little too well to put my nerd tasks high on my priorities..

Our street this morning

Anyway, I was really hoping to be able to actively participate in the No Repeats challenge during winter break, but I may be more intermittent than I hoped.  But I do hope to be able to post intermittently.  I apologize in advance if my commenting dies down a bit, as I'm using a Leechblock to my browser to limit my use of fun sites (including wordpress, blogger, tumblr, NYTimes, Facebook, etc.) to my key work hours.  Self-discipline- I haven't got it.

Here's an outfit from last week that I put on, and then took off once I realized that 39 degrees and sunny wasn't as warm as I'd hoped!  The jacket was a swap item from jesse.anne.o.  It's warmer than it looks but not warm enough for the weather lately.

Happy post blizzard/post-Christmas to everyone!

Jacket: swap, Isaac Mizrahi for Target
Scarf: from Cliche, Minneapolis
Jeans: Uniqlo
Shirt: Swap, JCrew
Shoes: Ecco

9 comments:

  1. Brrr...look cold outside! I like how the button theme is repeated a bit here, very fun!

    Also, that site blocker is the best idea ever, I'm going to install it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's a cute outfit anyway! I love the scarf, especially the buttons!

    I was just watching the news and they said that flights out of ORD are awful right now, so I hope your colleague can get home soon! It seems like not only can people not fly out, but the systems are screwing up new flight bookings, so it's all kinds of crazy to travel now. I'm glad you're home safe and sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that scarf. I hope your work goes well and you have a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the werk, werk, werk! I spent most of the day looking at photos of a sixteenth-century manuscript for a publication, and still need to do some reading before bed.... Whee! Academic holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I meant to say that scarf is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I think visits are precipitous: Leechblock is what I've been hoping for. Thank you for mentioning it, Rad. And I hope you've weathered the blizzard well. It sounds like absolute hell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is just too cold to even bother going out I think. Sometimes I wish we could just be legitimately snowed in; rather than having to navigate that white mess.
    Glad you had a great and productive christmas!

    Love the striped scarf!!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, that jacket! I think the scarf really makes it. Kudos to you for finding a way to style it. I always found it too challenging but you look really cute in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes I think visits are precipitous: Leechblock is what I've been hoping for. Thank you for mentioning it, Rad. And I hope you've weathered the blizzard well. It sounds like absolute hell.

    ReplyDelete