Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

No Repeats, Day 2
Today's outfit is full of cool colors, which is perfect for winter. Often, I like to wear warmer, brighter colors when it's cold and dreary out, but since I'm getting away from all of my 30 for 30 items, it's nice to finally wear a color other than pink or purple!  And this shade of blue is one of my favorite colors ever.  

I'm still not feeling 100% today, but I should probably make an appearance at my office at some point this week, so I dragged myself out of bed (an hour later than usual) and am slowly getting around to going in.  Some days, especially during the winter, I just want to stay home and hibernate.  The good news is that I only have 2 more days in the office until January, so I'm looking forward to a little break there.

Have a nice Tuesday, Stylenation!

Cardigan: The Limited
Tank: Loft
Pants: New York & Company
Earrings: The Limited
Brooch: New York & Company
Shoes: Born

8 comments:

  1. Yeay for the return of blue. I dig the combo of the blue and the grey tank top. Are you wearing blue eye shadow too!
    Feel better. I hope your day at work goes OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue cardi! I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you look gorgeous in blue.

    Also, 'good to hear you're starting to feel better. I hope you continue to mend.

    And finally, seriously!? 'Last day until January? I'm sooooooo jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the hibernation. Especially when it's so cold outside you wonder if it's even safe to go out there.
    The little embellishment on the cardi is so cute!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue is a great color on you.
    The brooches! Your brooches keep sending me scurrying to etsy and plotting treks to stores with good vintage jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like everyone else, I love the slate blue on you. Color in general really works for you! Is it weird that I kind of want to paint my bedroom this color after the holidays? (Does it reduce the weirdness of this comment if you know that I'm planning on painting when I get back anyhow?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rad: Yes, good catch on the eye shadow! But that's what I always wear (I bought one of those eye shadow compacts for blue eyes, and it's just blues and greys).

    LHdM: Thanks!

    A-Dubs: Well next Wednesday is my last day in the office until January... I have some time off later this week and the work from home days and all.

    Lyddie: You're right, it might not be safe to leave the house! Sorry, work.

    K. Bean: Definitely check out Etsy - I got most of mine for about $5-$6 a pop there, so it's a reasonable little splurge :)

    E-Jo: Is it weirder if I've already had my bedroom painted that color? It was like 6 apartments ago, but I loved that blue bedroom. Just make sure you have good natural light coming in - my window faced a brick wall (yay for city apartments) so the blue got pretty dreary after a while...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit. It makes your figure look very good. And the color is good on you.

    ReplyDelete