Friday, December 3, 2010

30 for 30, Day 25: The Big Surprise!

So today's outfit is... oh come on, who cares when there's a surprise looming?  As I teased yesterday, and as Cynthia already posted (I suppose this is the disadvantage of me being an hour behind and sleeping in today), we've been working on something fun to help keep our winter dressing exciting.

We're teaming up with Cynthia of Be Fabulous Daily for a fun new challenge!  You can read more about it here, and leave a comment if you'd like to join us in our No Repeats Challenge.  Rad and I are planning to participate "Anne Style" and we hope you'll consider it too!  You can also get to the challenge page by clicking on "No Repeats Workdays and Weekends" under "Pages" on the right.

And now back to your regularly scheduled outfit post...

I'm knocking off a little early today, which is always good for a Friday.  My best friend from Ohio is in town, but has family commitments for most of the weekend, so we're getting together today for some tasty German food and plenty of girl talk.  We've known each other for about 15 years now.  We went to high school together and later lived together when I first moved to Chicago.  I was pretty bummed when her career aspirations took her back to Ohio, but it's hard not to visit Chicago, so we still see each other a fair amount.  She's here almost as much as Rad is :)

What are you up to this Friday (other than signing up for the challenge, of course)?

Cardigan (item #2): Loft
Sequined tank (item #14): Old Navy
Jeans (item #16): Gap
Shoes (item #26): Privo by Clarks
Socks: Loft
Earrings: New York & Company

hello

12 comments:

  1. Wah! I haven't been to Chicago since August. I hope they don't take away my honoray resident card, since it may be a while before I come again. But I will!
    Those shoes are so cute. Do they have a little of a heel?
    I may have to take some of my suitcases down and start remixing in spring/summer clothes for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicago does miss you, Rad :) But they'd never take away an honorary resident card - obviously we count you in elections too ;)

    These shoes are flats, which are perfect for today since I'm going to do a little Christmas shopping too, so lots of walking around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are really cute.

    I'll be on vacations when the challenge starts, but I might join in when I get home. I can't do no repeats on vacation due to suitcase space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute shoes! I'm thinking about taking up the challenge, though I'm not sure I'm up for it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about if since I saw Cynthia's post this morning, but I think I'm going to have to pass on this challenge. I'm planning to take a bit of time off from blogging and will be traveling later in the month and in January so it's just not good timing for me.

    I hope you have a great time with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis sounds like a lot of fun and would be a nice change after the 30 for 30 - actually it may even be helpful for me to decide what to keep and what to sell...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time shopping & being out with your friend today, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your challenge sounds fun! I'd definitely have to be a 'cynthia style' remixer.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun idea. I'll be thinking about it. I'd have to do it Anne style since I have so few clothes. I just don't know if I can commit to taking daily pictures again! There is just so little light for pictures when I get home these days.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fuschia sweater! Yay, style twin!

    Love the idea for the challenge -- I will be following you all during it! I am challenged out after this for a while, and I suspect I am about to start a period of clothes not fitting as the weight is starting to drop. I don't want to be boxed in by a challenge during that too; it's hard enough as it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this the sweater I thought was purps in last week's outdoor shot? I love this colour of pink; and it looks really lovely next to your skin! Also, I'm in for the challenge. It's time to make myself wear the neglected items!

    Also (x2), I just got caught up on your week's outfits. Sweet dress & scarf combo! And I enjoy your inclusion of outerwear in the odd post. Sometimes, it's all anyone outside of our homes sees, no?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Their site isn't working - what's the challenge?

    That purple sweater is fab.

    ReplyDelete