Monday, December 6, 2010

Early Christmas

DSCF5991

Back in July, when I decided to go on GAAD, Kim from Pineapple Mint Vintage offered to do some swapping, since she has many accessories (and I don't have so many). I was thrilled, and recently I got a box full for belts, a scarf, and a couple of wool skirts. The different beautiful belts especially gave me ideas of how to restyle my seemingly tired and old pieces. Many thanks, Kim!
Like a kid in a toy store, I wanted to play with my new clothes right away. But I spent Saturday night-all day Sunday with an icky cold. Hopefully, that's mostly over now. Just 3 more days of teaching, and today we'll watch a video for part of class. (Why explain what Chalmers Johnson said about American empire when he says it better than me in a documentary?) Plus it is cold out, again, so what's better than a wool skirt? So here's my new blue belt and a new vintage wool skirt. It fits well and in true vintage form, it's a size 8 that I can only just shimmy over my hips. But I definitely feel old school, in a good way. I am also trying to incorporate colors- multiple blues (havy, bright blue, and a blue-grey) with burgundy/wine (the scarf and the shoes). What do you guys think? Should I stuck with all neutrals with the blue? I have a green scarf at school and some black shoes, so if I chicken out, I have options.
Have a lovely Monday!

Sweater: Limited
T-shirt: Target
Skirt: swap via Pineapple Mint Vintage
Belt: swap via Pineapple Mint Vintage
Tights: CK via Daffy's (bought on clearance last spring and I just discovered them in the closet!)
Shoes: Naturalizer

19 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic skirt! The soft gray is so pretty, and I also love wool skirts! I was looking for a similar skirt earlier in the year to tuck turtlenecks or buttondowns into and belt..but I never found the "right" one darnit. Yours is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful skirt and fabulous color mixing. Looks like your are doing a great job with GAAD, especially when you can just shop your own closet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, how would a green scarf not be color mixing? It would just be different color mixing! Don't chicken out...this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the mix of blues! Bravo, Rad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fantastic to see you wearing color! I particularly love the plummy scarf with the blues. And, well, at this point, I don't even need to say how much I like the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all this blue, and the scarf looks deelish. Mix the colour! Vive le couleur!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, fun! I definietly like the colours, but you knew i would say that, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this looks perfect and I'm a neutrals person so...there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That skirt is so pretty! I really like the added color from the scarf and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This could possibly be my favorite outfit of yours ever. I love all of this color on you! And the blue and burgundy are VERY complimentary to each other, so I hope you don't chicken out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color mixing! Purple and blue are complementary to the same degree that green and blue are, so go with it!

    Great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous outfit! I love the mix of blues and the subtle pops of other colors. I hope you didn't chicken out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That skirt is very pretty, and the belt and scarf add some great color to the look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful gift! I really love this mix, with the touch of stripes and little bursts of color.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  15. great outfit! i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the length of this skirt and I think you should keep the t-straps. That scarf is a beautiful on you. Colour! With a "u"!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, finally some color on your face with the scarf! You need to get some bangs. And as women get older, I think it helps to use a little make up to counter act the loss of vibrancy and glow of a youthful face. Even if you didn't use it as a younger women. A lot is not required, just a little color in at least of the areas of lips, eyes, or cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I meant make up in at least ONE of the areas (or more if you're willing) of the eyes, lips, or cheeks. Not using it makes you look dour and old - when you're not.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I meant make up in at least ONE of the areas (or more if you're willing) of the eyes, lips, or cheeks. Not using it makes you look dour and old - when you're not.

    ReplyDelete