Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday Funday

Wow, by the looks of this picture, I am way too happy for a Monday.  How was everyone's weekend?  I got to see a lot of friends with Halloween festivities and all (some of which included seeing a Clash cover band - very cool!) and learned a lot of cool stuff about Chicago at yesterday's tour of Graceland Cemetery.  Tonight I'm headed to dinner with fella, his parents and his visiting cousin from Colorado (Rad, we're headed to Silver Cloud, so I'll be sure to have a s'more for you) and I've already changed into this ensemble.  I pretty much never go out on Monday nights, so I'm pretty excited to get out and do something fun so early in the week.  Anyway, above is what I wore today.

You've seen these pants before (and this sweater, this brooch and so forth), but it wasn't until today that I thought to pair them with heels instead of flats.  Totally by coincidence too, since I didn't read Sal's post about flats, which points out that flats + wide leg pants makes for shorter looking legs.  But I did like the look better with heels.

I know Sal's post mentions it, and I think these pictures prove it, but can shoes really make the outfit?

I know it looks like Jude is photo-crashing here, but he's actually looking in the mirror.  He is that vain.

Sweater & Pants: The Limited
Shoes: Tsubo
Brooch: Etsy
Earrings: New York & Company

Here's one of the many shots I took at Graceland yesterday.  It's hard to believe such a gorgeous place exists in the middle of the city!

Bridge to Burnham Island

10 comments:

  1. That sweater is fantastic! SFE is currently sporting a similar look over on FA.

    I love that Jude is so vain that he interrupts your outfit shots to gaze at himself in the mirror! I don't know that Bailey's ever paid much attention to her reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the purple shoes.

    Brett and I went to Silver Cloud the last time we were in Chicago. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purple sweater is gorge -- and such a lovely color on you.

    The mini-FR isn't much into looking at himself in the mirror but he sure does get freaked out by his reflection in my dishwasher front. I've caught him barking at himself MANY times. He's cute but, sometimes, not so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LHdM: Jude LOVES the mirror. There's a wardrobe right next to my bed that has a mirror on the door, and anytime he comes to bed he'll just lie there and stare at himself.

    Rebecca: Wow, really? I just went there for the first time this summer, but everything I've had thus far has been amazing! And the shoes are actually gray, but they do look purple-ish. I would love to actually have purple shoes someday though.

    E-Jo: Jude barks at his reflection when we walk past store windows and glass doors on our walks. He's lunged at the dog in the window too, which is pretty funny. Obviously Jude and mini-FR would get along pretty well barking at the dishwasher dogs together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne, I love this sweater! Is it new? I like the look of the grey pants and grey shoes. Hot stuff.
    Also, I like watching Buster freak out at his reflection in the wood floors. Also not so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne.
    Yes, shoes can make the outfit. Yes, yes, 100 times yes.
    AND, you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's that good color on you again, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rad: The sweater is newish - I've worn it a couple times before. And Jude's checking him self out more than freaking out. He was worried that his harness was making him look fat or something.

    SU: You and your fabulous collection of shoes would say so :)

    Charlotte: Thanks! You would not believe how much purple I own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anne.
    Yes, shoes can make the outfit. Yes, yes, 100 times yes.
    AND, you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne, I love this sweater! Is it new? I like the look of the grey pants and grey shoes. Hot stuff.
    Also, I like watching Buster freak out at his reflection in the wood floors. Also not so bright!

    ReplyDelete