Friday, November 5, 2010

Week of Purple

Without even doing it on purpose, I realized that I've worn purple pretty much everyday this week - a purple sweater on Monday, purple tights on Wednesday.  I even wore purple while working from home yesterday.  And today I'm wearing one of my old, but somewhat overlooked as of late, staples - a purple cardigan.  I dug this out of my closet yesterday while looking for items to choose for Kendi's upcoming 30 for 30 Fall Challenge and decided I should wear it while I can, before the challenge starts.  I'm excited for the challenge because I know it'll be good for me to shop my own closet, and even better for me to stop shopping for a month.  But I'm a little bummed that I can't wear most of my nice, warm winter sweaters right away.  Well, bummed until I remember that Chicago sweater weather lasts until March, sometimes April, so there will be plenty of time for wearing sweaters.

Aside from my hair cut tomorrow afternoon, I don't really have anything scheduled for this weekend, which I'm really looking forward to.  What are you up to?

Friday
Cardigan: Target
Top: Loft
Belt: Target
Jeans: Gap
Shoes: Eddie Bauer
Earrings: The Limited

Thusday:
T-Shirt: Gap
Pants: Loft
Scarf: Target
Shoes: Born
Hat: deLux, via Hazel Chicago
Brooch: Etsy


9 comments:

  1. Purple really is a color for all seasons, and all days of the week.

    I have "being done with this bleeping grant" scheduled for the weekend. But actually, I also have to get an oil change, go to Zumba, listen to my student's conference talk and be sure it's OK, submit some paper revisions, review some internal grant proposals, take a 5-hour dance workshop with Suhaila Salimpour, and pack, before getting on an airplane to Biloxi for a shellfish pathogen conference on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your jaunty hat and the grey pants on the Thursday outfit. Today's outfit is very casual cool.Are those the long and lean jeans?
    If it gets super cold, I think you can still wear them on the 30 for 30 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think purple is a great fall color, since it does well with other warm tones.

    I have a community theater fundraiser and a wine tasting, as well as lots of cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia: Wow, if there were some prize for having the busiest weekend, you would probably win it. Hands down. Good luck with all of that! Will you still be blogging from Biloxi next week?

    Rad: Yep, they're the long & lean. That's the only type of jean I'll wear anymore. And they're most definitely on my list of 30. I don't know how I'd survive a week without them, let alone a month!

    Rebecca: I agree on purple being good for fall. And winter. And pretty much anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dig the hat and scarf! Purple is an excellent autumnal color (and my favorite in general)!

    I can't wait to see the results of your trip to the stylist! I've got a shitton of grading to do this weekend, but I'm looking forward to going out with a group of awesome ladies and having a couple of glasses of wine this evening and to my last long run of this training cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More excitement about your upcoming haircut!

    I too get excited about my cozy sweaters in early fall, only to realize that since they're all I wear December - March, maybe I shouldn't rush it.

    Fashion blogs have made me realize that I really need to try the Long and Lean jeans.

    Weekend here: Natural History Museum with a friend and our kids, lunch at a fave Vietnamese place, Sunday brunch with other friends, tackle clutter mountain, maybe rake some leaves. Oh, and naps for everyone. F and I are all about the lazy weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that purple cardigan. I'm doing the 30 for 30 thing too -- looking forward to seeing your 30 items!

    This weekend isn't super exciting. I've got dinner plans tonight and tomorrow but otherwise I need to buckle down and get a ton of work done. Blergh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to see the results of the haircut...and I am grading papers this weekend. Tomorrow it is freshmen composition papers and on Sunday, sonnets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look especially cute in the hat and scarf. I love the sparkle you added to the hat!

    ReplyDelete