Saturday, November 6, 2010

New Haircut!

Happy Saturday, Stylenation!  I'm working on compiling my list of items for the 30 for 30 Fall Challenge (I do have my list made up, but putting it all together into a post is taking a while), but in the meantime I'm really stoked to share my new haircut with you.  Thanks again for all your input this week.  Although #3 won the popular vote, my stylist (clearly, the electoral college in this analogy) took things in a different direction.  I think what I ended up with was the #1/#2 combo, but leaning a bit more toward #1.

I printed out all the pictures I posted the other day, but naturally I left that print-out at work yesterday (I really hope no one looks on my desk - that'd be a little embarrassing) so I had to wing it.  Fate intervened though, because a girl with an adorable short bob came in to get her bangs trimmed while I was getting my color done.  I told my stylist that I loved the fullness of the back of that cut, so she went with that to give me a chin-length 'do with plenty of volume in the back.  I really really love it.  Even Fella is excited about it, and he rarely gets excited about things like hair.  Hence he was more than happy to humor me by taking tons of pictures.

Fella: "Let's try it again without your rolling your eyes."
The bad news is that my stylist is moving to Florida next month!  I'm so bummed about this.  I found her by chance almost 3 years ago when I was trying to fix my color (10+ years of me covering up my prematurely gray hair had resulted in my hair turning an awful, overprocessed black!) and she was the first stylist who could do anything about it.  I've been a brunette ever since, and have only trusted someone else with my hair once, because my stylist broke her arm.  She did refer me to that replacement stylist who is working at a new salon (and they serve wine, so it can't be half bad), so there might be hope for my hair yet.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, great hair cut! I love it. It's very flattering, and I think it makes you look both kinda French and mod. Did she color it as well?
    Bummer that she's leaving (whenever I found a stylist I liked in Minneapolis, this always happened to me too). Hope the wine serving place is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing - this cut suits you so well! I agree with Rad- very frenchie mod : )

    Go out and celebrate with your new do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sweet! I love how it tucks in just below your ears to frame your pretty face. 'Looking forward to seeing it with all your 30 for 30 finery. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rad: Yep, she did my color too, since me doing my own color usually ends in disaster. This was the first time I actually had a regular stylist - for almost 3 years! But I think the new one will work out. She's young, fun and hip and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous! That is a terrific haircut and your hair looks so healthy and shiny.
    I hope your new stylist works out. That is a scary process, stylist moving and test driving new stylist with YOUR HAIR. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! And let me tell you I feel your pain about your stylist leaving, but it sounds like her rec will work out. I finally had an amazing stylist who I completely trusted and who I loved chatting with and then I moved... *sigh* My current stylist is fine, but I don't love her and we can't have telepathic hair conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very cool, Anne--and I love the idea of a salon that serves wine. This is quite similar to your virtual do, but a little softer, and fuller, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hair! It looks awesome. Good luck with the 30 for 30 - I'm giving it a pass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks lovely. I love my current stylist, so I hope she sticks around for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so cute! You are lucky to have found a stylist you trust, it can be so hard!
    Hope your replacement works out and you don't go flying to Florida...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love the new hair. Looks great on you! I love the cut and color. It looks so shiny and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I'm new to your blog, but I've been enjoying what I've seen so far. I absolutely love your haircut here - it's beautiful! I think it's such a great look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo fabulous! Love love love this on you. How can a hairdressing place that serves wine be bad? Stroke of genius.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am coming on this post very, very late. But, it's the first I've seen that's been a close up of you. You have a very pretty face, great coloring.

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete