Wednesday, November 17, 2010

30 for 30, Day 9: Black and Blue

I've had this corduroy blazer for at least 5 years and used to wear it all the time, but this is the first time I've worn it probably since last winter.  I added it to my item list to make myself wear it more often.  I've gotten in a pretty big rut of wearing cardigans all the time lately (which occurred to me after reading A-Dubs' post last night), and could definitely wear a blazer instead sometimes.  Although I did complain a little about the challenge in Monday's post, I do like that it's making me wear stuff that I might not have thought to wear otherwise. I like a structured jacket from time to time (and have been inspired by Cynthia's jackets as of late), and based on today's outfit, I'm really glad I included it in the list.

Remixers - do you find yourself dressing any differently now that the challenge is under way?

Blazer (item #6): H&M
Tank (item #10): New York & Company
Pants (item #19): Limited
Shoes (item #28): Naturalizer, via PiperLime
Stockings: Target
Necklace: Ann Taylor
Brooch: New York & Company
 hello

7 comments:

  1. I like the idea of wearing fishnets under pants. Fishnets are so cute, but it is hard for me to find work-appropriate ways to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like wearing blazers, but will often reach for a cardigan to feel 'comfortable'. Not that blazers aren't, but the structured cuts are always less alluring than cozy knits when you'd rather be sleeping than getting dressed.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love those tweed pants and I like the look of the grey, black, and softer blue. I also like cardigans more than blazers, but blazers are so smart looking. You look professional in this one (but the corduroy gives it a laid back, non-stuffy, feel).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fab outfit!

    I'm not doing 30 x 30, but my jacket challenge is changing how I dress for sure. Wearing all the jackets after months and months of no layer or just cardigans is really making me remember how much of a jacket person I am. Darned global warming. I have a purple velveteen jacket and it's STILL not cold enough for it here, though it is November. Maybe I'll capsule it for my trip to Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I especially love the peek of fishnet tights :)

    www.clothedmuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah! I can never make tweed trousers work, but now I'm inspired to try, again. Except I don't have any, and you're making me need to buy them. In short, you look sweet and super-profesh. I like the addition of the brooch, too. November calls for more sparkly things.

    p.s. I miss Jude today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it's fun to put something away for a long time and rediscover it!

    ReplyDelete