Friday, November 19, 2010

30 for 30, Day 11: Another Celebration

Happy Friday, readers!  This week flew by for me, which is great, but wow, Thanksgiving is less than a week away!  I'm so not ready for it.  Anyway, like last Friday, I'm headed to a birthday celebration after work.  Apparently I know a lot of people with November birthdays!  One of my best girlfriends here in Chicago had a birthday on Wednesday (she's 6 months younger than me, which she likes to remind me of often!) so a group of us are going out for dinner and drinks downtown.  She was one of the first friends I made when I moved to Chicago, and she introduced me to all of her friends, who became my friends and, often, my family.  

Once again, I need an outfit that will easily transition from work to evening.  And in honor of another very special November birthday girl, I thought I'd add a little color.  I don't have any fun, colorful pants (in my collection or on my 30 for 30 list) but I resisted the urge to pair this purple/wine-colored tank top with black or gray, and instead added my bright pink, cozy warm cardigan so I'm at least colorful on top.

How's your weekend looking?

Cardigan (item #2): Loft
Tank (item #12): Gap
Jeans (item #16): Gap
Boots (item #30): Rampage, gift from Fella's mom
Necklace: New York & Company

hello

11 comments:

  1. Love the two tones of purple/pink together! It looks awesome.

    My weekend is busy! Today, I'm off to the dentist so I'm missing the morning of work, then tonight, it's out for dinner. Tomorrow, my Weight Watchers meeting, out for lunch and thrift shopping with a friend, then a gathering of girlfriends to drink wine and eat yummy food. Sunday...whew, my relaxing day. Football!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love wine purple, it's one of my least scary colors. It looks great here with the pink and the jewelry. Your casual looks have made me want to wear jeans more often, if I could find a pair that fit properly.
    Enjoy your weekend. I am meeting a friend and my coworker later afternoon to catch up, date night with the Blokey, and then dinner with colleagues tomorrow. Sunday is work day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mix of colors and I continue to be envious of the awesomeness of those jeans on you! My weekend plans include work, work and more work. Though there will be a brief interruption for a puppy party as I try to finalize the mini-FR's holiday plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the pink and purple together. It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors here are great! And that necklace is fantastic! I hope you have a fun time tonight and a relaxing weekend! If I'm feeling well enough tomorrow, I'm going to a film festival and for some holiday shopping with a friend. I'd like to see HP this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello..just saw your blog link and wanted to say HI..love your cardi..and super cute pic of the furbaby with your boots:)

    Stop by and say Hello♥

    Statements in Fashion Blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Props for the purple plus purple (that's what it looks like to me anyway) combo. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Awesome colour combo. I am officially declaring purple the new black.

    And I continue to be in love with your new haircut. I hope you are too. Isn't it amazing what a new haircut can do?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the purple. And I really like the necklace you added to your outfit.
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the purple. And I really like the necklace you added to your outfit.
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors here are great! And that necklace is fantastic! I hope you have a fun time tonight and a relaxing weekend! If I'm feeling well enough tomorrow, I'm going to a film festival and for some holiday shopping with a friend. I'd like to see HP this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete