Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Beginnings

This is my Monday outfit.  It was my second day participating in Blogging for Breast Cancer aWEARness, although the only piece of pink in this outfit is the pink brooch.  One nice thing about this outfit is that it's mostly remixed, which I do a lot, but it never seems to happens on days that I'm actually blogging.

Edited to add:
I haven't mentioned this before, but things at my job have been kind of strange as of late.  In July, we were told that our company was bought.  The sale was finalized at the close of business on Friday, so as of yesterday, I was working for a whole new company.  I'm very thankful to still have a job (but to be fair, they haven't had to "reduce redunancies" yet, or whatever the corporate term for that is), and it's likely that I'll survive any lay-offs since only 5 people in my company do my job, and the new company doesn't do our work at all.  I guess there's something to be said for being highly specialized.  But it's pretty weird to think that the company that hired me when I was new to Chicago and had my shiny new Bachelor's degree and no experience, the only company that gave me a chance, doesn't exist anymore.  But, such is business in this economy.

I won't be posting an outfit again until Friday.  I'm working from home today and Thursday, and tomorrow I'm volunteering with Habitat for Humanity through work, and there's nothing stylish about that :)

Have a nice week, Stylenation!

Sweater: Loft (remixed)
Pants: New York & Company (remixed)
Scarf: Embellish Chicago
Brooch: Etsy (remixed)
Shoes: Loft (remixed)

10 comments:

  1. Can we get a close up of that brooch sometime (I feel like A-Dubs). I like the blue and grey together, one of my favorite "color" combinations! Is there a slight heel on those shoes? I really like your Loft shoes.
    I swear, I have a bit of pink floating around. I will join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see a close up of the brooch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go, ladies! I can't get a close-up to turn out quite right, but this is the best one I took.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the brooch and scarf combo and am totally stealing it - and possibly other elements of this awesome ensemble (if my closet will produce them) - post-haste. In other news, it was great to enjoy another look at the shoe close-up, too. Those are some sweet, sweet ballerinas.

    Also, I'm relieved to know your job's still in the mix in your new company. And corporate speak for putting people out of work is horrible.

    Finally, what's Jude up to these days? Has he retired from fashion blogging, or will he be posing, again, in future?

    Have a great time tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A-Dubs: The scarf/brooch combo was such a last-minute thing, since it was just really cold out yesterday morning.

    And Jude's most recent appearance was on my food blog. Other than that, he has 2 dog girlfriends and the neighbor's cat (who just returned home from a 6 week business trip) keeping him busy. He might be back on Friday, we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are safe in your job, and i hope the new company doesent make too many changes.

    Have fun with habatat... And I don't know, work boots, a leather tool belt, a plaid shirt - there could be some style there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. TWO dog girlfriends AND a cat? Jude's clearly got an important and very busy schedule. My Fuzzy Roommate has had only two loves, one a wee poodle called Oscar, and one a black lab called Patty. (Yes, his desire in non-gendered. We're very proud.) But in our new city, he has yet to find love. Or any friends whatsoever. I'm worried that I broke him by making him move.

    p.s. it is late. I should go to bed instead of writing dog sagas on the wall of your style blog. Goodnight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can we get a close up of that brooch sometime (I feel like A-Dubs). I like the blue and grey together, one of my favorite "color" combinations! Is there a slight heel on those shoes? I really like your Loft shoes.
    I swear, I have a bit of pink floating around. I will join you!

    ReplyDelete