Tuesday, November 9, 2010

30 for 30 Day 2: Black & White

Stylenation, I'm going to do something now that we Chicagoans hardly ever get the chance to do.  That's right, I'm going to brag about the weather.  It is simply gorgeous here today!  Bright and sunny, not a cloud in the sky and temperatures in the upper 60's.  This is not November in the Midwest.  But I'll gladly take it.  As you can see above, Jude is enjoying the extra outside time by digging through the bush (okay, it's a weed - woops) and stumbling upon a ball to play with/eat.  He's so above photos sometimes.

I'm working from home today, but Fella and I are going out to dinner with a friend tonight so I actually had a reason to get dressed on a work-from-home day!  You've probably noticed by now that I'm a huge fan of color.  But sometimes it's good to take cues from others, so I'm sporting some basic black and white. Rebecca and A-Dubs are both showing off some great black and cream ensembles in their posts today, and I saw Terri's black and white ensemble yesterday, just to name a few.  Incapable of wearing an outfit completely devoid of color, I threw in my red Pumas.  And there's all the colored sequins on the tank top.

How's your Tuesday going?

Cardigan (item #3): Target
Tank (item #14): Old Navy
Jeans (item #16): Gap
Shoes (item #24): Puma
Earrings: New York & Company
Sunglasses: Loft
 hello

11 comments:

  1. Love those subtle little sequins on the tank! Super cute! I really like how this outfit is the perfect combination of glitz and casual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red is the perfect complement for this chic casual outfit. I'm heading over to your 30 for 30 list to get a closer look at those awesome pumas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute casual outfit! I like how the details make this simple tshirt and jeans outfit special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's really something about an outfit in black and white, isn't there? It just seems so crisp in a way that seems particularly perfect for this time of the year. I love the pops of sparkle with the sequins and earrings (yay detail shot!!), and color in the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More love for the sequins! And I always enjoy red shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad to hear you are enjoying some nice temps! unseasonably warm weather is my favorite.

    And I can never get enough sequins!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, hasn't the weather been amazing? I have only worn a coat 3 times all season!

    The sequins are what make the outfit. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An outfit that's full of small surprises, Anne. That's nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More love for the sequins! And I always enjoy red shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those subtle little sequins on the tank! Super cute! I really like how this outfit is the perfect combination of glitz and casual.

    ReplyDelete