Friday, November 12, 2010

30 for 30, Day 4: Two-for-One

Happy Friday, Stylenation!  I couldn't fall asleep last night, so I'm a little groggy this morning, but still happy to have made it to the end of another week.  If you're following along, you might be thinking today should be Day 5 of my 30 for 30 posts.  Why yes, it should be.  However, yesterday I ended up not getting dressed beyond gym clothes, so I'm thinking I just skip yesterday.  Right?  I worked from home and didn't feel too great, so I spent a majority of the day in my pajamas.  However, I had also promised to bake 2 birthday cakes for a surprise party tonight (2 of my friends are turning 30 within a week of each other, so we're having a big bash; also, the cakes are both from scratch so they will indeed be featured over on my food blog) and a couple of my friends were coming over after work to help decorate, so I at least upgraded to sweats.  That's the nice thing about old friends - they totally don't care if you can't even put on a pair of jeans for them.  So all of that said, I didn't participate in 30 for 30 yesterday, so today is my Day 4.

So why is this a Two-for-One outift?  Above is how I'm wearing today's outfit to work.  And below is how I'm going to wear it for the party tonight.  I get home from work at 6:30 and need to be at the bar by 7:45, having already eaten dinner, so I don't have time to mess around with another outfit.  So I'm ditching the sweater, changing jewelry, putting on a little bit more make-up and swapping out the flats for heels (and probably throwing on a cami underneath that top - egads that's sheer!).

What are you up to this weekend?  Have a nice Friday!

Cardigan (item #1): Loft
Tee (item #11): Gap
Jeans (item #16): Gap
Flats (item #29): Loft
Heels (item #25): Tsubo
Daytime earrings (top): Gift from my Mom, Hazel Chicago
Nighttime bracelet: New York & Company
Nighttime earrings: Kenneth Cole via Marshall Field's (2005)
 hello

11 comments:

  1. I love your day to night transition plan and the Tsubos! I'm sure the party will be a blast! I'm heading to Texas this weekend to see family and to run a half-marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a great Friday planed ahead of you. Nice use of the belting over the cardigan. You look casual and stylish for your evening out. Hope you work day flies by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a fun Friday planned. I really like that jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great day! I'm headed off to lunch and shopping at Winners with a friend shortly, then tonight, my hubby and I are going out for a swanky double date with another couple. And Friday, we're going to a concert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun! I love your evening bling.
    I occasionally have days when i just cant get dressed. sometimes you just need it.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your nighttime earrings. I accomplished my first goal for the weekend, which was to get a really good night's sleep after my travel day yesterday. I intend to keep the rest of the weekend just about equally exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say go sheer! It's Friday night. (or it was, when you posted this!) 'Good times in your cute ensemble, then?

    Navy is the best colour. And your hair looks great, again. I love those wee points by your chin! Sex-ay! (Sheila's word. But it fits here.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shirt is a great color on you. I also love your nighttime jewelry and continue to love your haircut. You're inspiring me with your belted cardigans -- I might just have to try that next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your nighttime earrings. I accomplished my first goal for the weekend, which was to get a really good night's sleep after my travel day yesterday. I intend to keep the rest of the weekend just about equally exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds fun! I love your evening bling.
    I occasionally have days when i just cant get dressed. sometimes you just need it.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you have a great Friday planed ahead of you. Nice use of the belting over the cardigan. You look casual and stylish for your evening out. Hope you work day flies by!

    ReplyDelete