Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Remixed

This outfit might look pretty familiar.  In fact, it looks a lot like this.  I really liked the navy/pink combo the first time I put it together.  I've been dying to wear these patterned tights for a while, and they gave me a good excuse to bring the navy/pink ensemble back.  To switch it up a little, I swapped out the wide belt from the original outfit with a smaller, dressier belt.  I also traded the big, long necklace for a delicate necklace with a single pearl.  It's amazing how a few details can totally change an outfit, isn't it?

Jude's been doing all kinds of photo-crashing lately, and today's post is no exception.  Although now I'm wishing I had some veggie props to add to this outfit too.  I have 3 giant spaghetti squashes from my co-worker's Wisconsin farm that would look lovely.  And be delicious.  Maybe they'll work their way in to some pictures, just so I can be more like Rad.

How do you change up your favorite outfits?  And more importantly, do you have any tasty spaghetti squash recipes?

Dress, pink cardigan, tights and belt: Target (wow, I did not realize that until I started listing everything!)
Shoes: Tsubo
Necklace: The Limited
Bracelet: New York & Company
Watch: Anne Klein, gifted

13 comments:

  1. Yay for your fancy tights! You don't need vegetables when you've got tights like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking red hot! I love those tights with the grey shoes!
    Also, agree that you don't need vegetables, but I am curious to see what you make with them on ye ole' Shepwell Kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tights are maaaaahvelous, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe this is the same group of items from the previous outfit! You've made it look totally different, but equally awesome. Those tights are to die. And I love how the tights matches the sweater, but the pattern keeps them from being overly matchy. I am taking copious notes.

    Also, I adore how attentive to you Jude is. I wish my FR would photo crash more - and in ways that do not obscure outfit details, just like Jude does.

    Finally, I have to ask: are the tights and shoes giving you blisters? Do they conspire to rub the skin off key portions of your feet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! The tights have received a number of compliments today, including one from an adorable 5 year old walking through our parking lot with her mom this morning.

    Rad: I just got 2 more spaghetti squash this morning, so I now have 5 to use up! I'll work on some recipes.

    A-Dubs: First, you totally called it with why it's okay to pair the tights and cardigan - the print makes it less matchy-matchy. I meant to put that in my post, but forgot. Woops.

    And I thought of your shoe/lacy hosiery issue this morning while my feet were sliding around in my shoes. No blisters as of yet, but it's pretty annoying! I wish I had some kind of non-slick insert to add a little friction.

    And Jude just loves the camera, so he knows the right way to pose to make it on to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY G-D, I LOVE THE TIGHTS.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, this is such a different look then the last time. I had no idea it was the "same". You are a remixing pro. And the tights, yes, what everyone else wrote, they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clearly your superpower is remixing. I hate to sound redundant, but the tights are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those tights are amazing. I don't do much with squash, other than making pie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you found an excuse for floral tights, since they are so pretty and always fun to wear. Switching up bold tights is one of my favorite ways to change up outfits. Shoes can make a big change as well.

    My friend in Seattle has a food blog and has a few spagetti squash recipies - here is the most recent: http://morefruitplease.wordpress.com/2010/10/19/its-nice-to-see-you-too-seattle/

    And I hope you get to see Phoenix, they really were amazing live, they even went out into the audience for the first encore (how I wished I were in those seats!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you found an excuse for floral tights, since they are so pretty and always fun to wear. Switching up bold tights is one of my favorite ways to change up outfits. Shoes can make a big change as well.

    My friend in Seattle has a food blog and has a few spagetti squash recipies - here is the most recent: http://morefruitplease.wordpress.com/2010/10/19/its-nice-to-see-you-too-seattle/

    And I hope you get to see Phoenix, they really were amazing live, they even went out into the audience for the first encore (how I wished I were in those seats!)

    ReplyDelete