Friday, October 1, 2010

October Already?

Can you believe it's October already? Egads, Stylenation, where did September go?  Apologies for the terrible photo today.  I had just enough time to take 3 pictures this morning before scampering off to catch my 7:45 train.  It was still a little dark out (how is it already that time of year??) and, as I've mentioned before, the lighting in our apartment is pretty awful.  I'm going headless today because, frankly, my 7am look isn't too hot.  And, as A-Dubs pointed out to me, headless photos are so much easier!  They really are.  So that, and  my cup of coffee, make this an A-Dubs tribute photo (it's a little too early for wine, even by my standards).

You'll note this outfit is almost totally lacking in accessories.  There's enough sparkle between the sweater and the tank that I thought adding anything else would just be overload.  Even my coffee cup is plain and boring so as not to detract from the rest of the ensemble.  And what can you pair with sequins anyway?

This month, I'm participating in Blogging for Breast Cancer aWEARness over at A Working Mom's Closet.  We all, no doubt, know someone who has been affected by breast cancer.  My grandma and my assistant-turned-friend at work have both fought and beat breast cancer within the past few years, so I always keep them in mind come October.  This challenge is to wear something pink every day (or in my case, every day that I blog).  At first I thought this might be difficult for me, because if you asked me, my favorite colors are blue and green, far cries from pink.  But when I noticed that today's outfit is just the inverse of Tuesday's outfit, and that I wore some variation of pink and grey yesterday (and burgundy and black on Wednesday), well, it seems I like pink more than I thought.  Which I say while listening to my hot pink iPod with black and pink headphones, and sipping out of my pink water bottle.  Who knew?

Anyway, have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Cardigan & tank: Loft
Jeans: Gap
Boots: Kohl's (which I actually changed to my Privo flats since it's supposed to be 75 today and thus, not quite boot weather)
Watch: Anne Klein, gifted
Coffee: Stewart's, made in Chicago :)

10 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure the wine pairing for sequins is pink champagne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia: Awesome. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia's comment made me laugh. I like the pink and gray on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very cute on Friday. Perhaps you can do the perfect drink pairing later today to celebrate the awesome new furniture.
    I wish I could do the breast cancer awareness pink with you, but I think have maybe one pink thing. I will try to do something this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rad: I thought the same thing about you doing it and reached the same conclusion :) But it would definitely be a challenge!

    And I'd have some pink champagne, but you know tonight is the sausage-making class, so it's all bier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Looking hot and politically on top of things today, Anne. You've certainly raised my awareness of this 'awareness month.'

    Also, ha! Awesome photos. And thanks for the shout-out. Soon, we will people the blogverse with headless photos! (Hmm. Maybe that sentence doesn't work. Oh, well. I wish I didn't work.)

    Finally, every time I read "sausage-making class" I laugh out loud. Because, as D-Med says, I've got the sense of humour of a twelve-year-old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A-Dubs: You ladies are all trendsetting with your headless, coffee-drinking photos. It was only a matter of time before I jumped on board.

    And pretty much everyone at the sausage class had the sense of humor of a 12 year old, or much younger. "Heh heh grind the meat! Push the meat! Catch the sausage!"

    It's a good thing there was a bar there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee hee "sausage making class". That was me, not my 14 year old son.
    And yes, I agree, pink champagne with sparkles. I read that somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit! Loft has had a ton of cute stuff recently...I need to go check it out in person!

    http://pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What can't you pair with sequins?
    haha. I love the idea of dressing up jeans with such a fabulous cardigan!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete