Friday, October 8, 2010

Transitioning


Transitioning, originally uploaded by Cohabitating_Closet.

It seems mild weather is back for now. I am no longer shivering in my apartment and I am glad I left a few summer dresses out from Sunday switchathon. The first time I realized I liked to pay with my clothes was 2 years ago, when I put together this outfit and I was like, "Hey, this isn't too bad." Big, smocky dresses may not be in fashion (are they?), but it makes me feel young and carefree. Even if my facial expression is not.
Also, I've been feeling a bit stumpy in my outfits lately. I realized this is because I've been sticking to conservative (at or just above the knee hemlines). I know this is what is considered "profesh" but I dislike the look of my leg line without a couple inches of thigh showing. This is too short for teaching, but I will be incorporating some of my shorter hemlines a bit more, to make myself feel more comfortable.
Also, because there may be wind, I am wearing itsy bike shorts under this tunic dress.

Dress: Mojoware, via Cliche
Tights: Target
Jacket: Levis
Shirt: Copper Key
Boots: Palladium

11 comments:

  1. I think that dress looks great on you, so it doesn't really matter if it is a trendy look. The jacket and tights are good transitional pieces, and look nice with the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same issue with skirt lengths - I think this looks cute. I think a lot of people still wear the whole babydoll/smock dress look, not that it matters what's in style really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try that look later in the semester with an office blazer! I think you can get away with more leg when there are tights involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of those tights! I think shorter dresses/skirts aren't quite so short if you have tights on underneath. In fact, I have a dress that I wouldn't dare wear with bare legs, but I've definitely been wearing with tights. And you probably know that I'm totally anti-short skirt when it comes to my legs.

    Above all, you look very cute in this ensemble, which is the best reason to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee, bike shorts! I used to do that. :)

    I love the tunic dress on you - and woo! Look at your gams! Work it! The greens are just lovely - you look like a woodland sprite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Cynthia & Anne--if you're wearing opaque tights, the dress seems fine to teach in. It's a great dress. You might even wear it over a skirt that's just an inch or two longer and it would be just as fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it could be fine to teach in. It looks very dignified and cool at the same time. But its all about what youre comfortable in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the green tights with the dress! And you have awesome legs - might as well show 'em off!!

    CLOTHED MUCH, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been looooving this weather.

    Also, you look anything but stumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love your tight wearing ways. I make Lili wear shorts under all her skirts and dresses. Your legs are a lovely, keep showing them off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE! The jacket is fantastic with that dress! And I think the "profesh" look varies according to body type. I have very curvy legs, so I do have to keep the hemline around the knee, but I feel like thinner/straighter legs can show a bit more without sacrificing professionalism. Just my 2 cents... :)

    ReplyDelete