Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pretty in Pink

09/19/11

Today's (well, Monday's) neglected closet piece is this Target cardigan.  Longtime readers may recall when I bought this sweater last fall, I claimed that it was so versatile, I could put together at least 12 outfits with it.  I won't bother linking you, but yeah, I've probably gotten at least that many on the blog.  Not to mention all the unblogged ones.  I don't know why I haven't worn it in 3 months, since my office is usually chilly enough that I always need a cardigan, regardless of the weather outside.

And speaking of pink things, Mel from A Working Mom's Closet is once again organizing Blogging for Breast Cancer Awearness.  The goal is to raise breast cancer awareness by wearing a pink item every day during the month of October (or for one week, or whatever you have time for).  Check it out if you're interested.  I participated last year for the entire month (or I tried at least).  This year, I'll be devoting a week in October to pink, and you can bet you'll be seeing this cardigan again.

Cardigan: Target (last worn June 24th)
Tank, Skirt & Necklace: Target (remixed)
Flats: Charming Charlie (remixed)
Flower Pin: eShakti (remixed)

12 comments:

  1. I love a good cardi in a bright color!  It adds such great color to a black and white outfit.  Love it!  Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really never get sick of seeing those shoes. I think they're pretty fantastic, especially with the rest of this outfit. And thanks for the heads up on Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I'll have to link up and sport some pink. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black, white, and PINK! It's like your BW&R combo, but girlier! I love it. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that color pink, and those flats are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing in this color - it definitely suits you.  And I love the animal flats with the polka dot top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shorter skirt on you!! I have to start digging through my closet for all the pink for October!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit!  I particularly love the purple-y pink of that cardi and the pattern mixing with the tank and flats.  It's funny how even the most versatile pieces get out of the rotation for no reason at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you caught that!  I was pretty proud of my power clashing between shoes and tank.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might get crazy one of these days and pair B&W with teal or something like that, who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always happy to support and encourage the wearing of pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. After your 12+ outfits, you probably just got tired of it. After your summer off you can look at it again, and it's a great color for the fall anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, love the two black-and-white patterns against the pink sweater. And don't forget, even if the offices were air-conditioned, it was brutal this summer. Neither of us wore anything that lent itself to a cardigan addition. :)

    ReplyDelete