Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Upon us all, a little rain must fall

09/27/11

I think this blue and gray colored outfit conveys my feelings about our seemingly constant rain here.  Blah.  I love fall, but not so much when it rains everyday.  But enough complaining about the weather.  I really like the pattern and coloring of this skirt, and even managed to make it office-appropriate, but I think I'd like it more if I got it altered to be closer to knee-length.  Thoughts?

09/27/11

The lost items for No Repeats are the cardigan, which apparently I haven't worn since last December!  Or maybe I just haven't worn it on the blog since then.  And the shoes haven't been worn since May, mostly because they're not very summery.

Cardigan: The Limited (last worn December 14th)
Tank: Target
Skirt: Old Navy
Belt: Target
Shoes: Tsubo (last worn May 6th)

12 comments:

  1. Have I ever mentioned how consistently you just look lovely? And this is another example.

    I see what you mean about shortening the skirt slightly. I actually think that midi-length skirts make tall women look shorter than they do on short women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that skirt.  And I probably wouldn't change the length as I'm determined (determined, I tell you) to work midi-skirts into my wardrobe.  But, I can see why you'd want to hem this one and I think it'd look great a bit shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt is perfect as is!  It's a great length.  Also, I love every bit of this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Cynthia, I would NOT change the length of this skirt.  It's a classic look and beautiful colors to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks!  I don't know why, but a skirt that cuts off my calves just seems a little off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I'd like it better at knee-length, or maybe just below the knee.  But I'll give it a couple more wears before I do anything permanent :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Send us some of that rain!!  I really like this skirt, think the length looks great on you but also understand why you might want it a little shorter.  I love its bright, oversized floral print a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate soggy autumns. really, it takes all the fun out of fall.
    I like the skirt, and am almost always an advocate of hemlines above the knee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try to avoid above the knee hems too though! They're okay with tights, not so much with bare legs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say that length is good for you, especially if you wear it belted with a tucked in top. I really like the proportions of the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I really am not for longer skirts, but this one looks really good on you in this length. Worn belted like this really elongates you and is very flattering. I also really like the print on it and the color! Gorgeous. And yeah, I like fall, but rain every day? i'll pass. 

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Kristen, the whole formula works on you.

    http://www.bigonmodesty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete