Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dressing Down a Party Dress

09/28/11

It's - surprise - another rainy morning here in Chicago, and the gloomy darkness this morning caused the flash on my camera to fire. Hence the kind of odd lighting. Just once this week, it'd be nice to wake up and not hear rain pouring down. But that's neither here nor there. I'm back in my comfort zone, wearing some black, white (I know the dress looks black and gray, but it's black and white) and red. I last wore this dress to Rad's and my friend C's wedding in June. Before that, the only other time I wore it was out for my birthday this year. It's a cute dress, but I guess I considered it to be a little too dressy for work. But styled with a cami underneath (since it's a total neckline offender), tights and a cardi, it doesn't look so formal. The other reason it's been dormant is that it's a little shorter than I'd like with bare legs. But once it's tights weather, I don't mind showing a little knee.

Cardigan: Target (last worn August 10th)
Dress: New York & Company (last worn June 18th)
Cami, Necklace and (sort of hidden) Brooch: New York & Company
Tights: Target
Shoes: Naturalizer

9 comments:

  1. Love the way you businessed up that fun dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like!  I could totally copycat this outfit if it were a little cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually not minding the rain; it brought the cooler weather, and I like that! And heh, that means we can wear shorter dresses with tights. :) I did the same thing today too.
    So glad you decided to try that dress for work; it's a fabulous pattern and fitCynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great way of dressing this gorgeous dress down! I love tights coz I can wear shorter skirts without feeling like I'm a slut. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of that dress and the way you styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that dress.  What a great print.  Yes, you've mastered the party-dress-at-work technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is so cute!!  I love the way that you styled it.  It's a good dress to wear to the office and then to dress up for a night out!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/Twitter: @GlamKitten88 

    ReplyDelete
  8. the sweater looks good with the dress and the flash makes all the colors so vivid.  Hope you get some sunshine over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When ever I buy a dress for a special occasion I have a hard time wearing it for day to day stuff. It's hard to mentally take it out of "special" and make it "regular" even when it could be done so easily!

    ReplyDelete