Friday, September 9, 2011

Chicago's Own Fashion's Night Out

Fear not dear readers, we're back to our regularly scheduled outfit posts here at TCC after a wedding post diversion. Woo, exciting.

Wednesday Work Outfit

Here's what I wore to the office on Wednesday. Even with fall weather coming in, I still feel like I'm in a bit of a style rut, wearing the same skirt/tank/cardigan or dress/cardigan combos. I'm a little bored with work right now, so I suppose it'd make sense that I'm bored with my work wear.

Skirt and cardigan: Target
Tank: Loft
Necklace: New York & Company
Shoes: Naturalizer

FNO Chicago

Last night, I ended up meeting Randi from Not Just MOM downtown for Chicago's Fashion's Night Out.  It's not nearly as big here as in NYC, but it was still a lot of fun.  We hung around The Shops at North Bridge, where there were plenty of happenings.  Of course all the stores were open later, and some had deals, but there were also goodie bags, free cocktails and snacks at every turn, giveaways and a mall full of fashionable ladies.

Mini meet-up by a MINI

Above, we're with the Flirty Cupcakes car at Nordstrom's.  One of the Flirty Cupcakes gals actually asked to take our picture with their car because we looked so stylish.  Um, that's never happened before.  Awesome.

S'mores cupcake

We both picked S'mores cupcakes.  And they were awesome.  Flirty Cupcakes drives around town during the week selling their tasty concoctions, so I'll definitely be stalking them to get more of these.

Trying on Hats

We did some shopping, got free makeovers from Smash Box, and finished the night off with beer and yet even more food at nearby Rock Bottom Brewery.  It was a perfect way to spend a rainy Thursday night.

Tank, Cardigan and Necklace: Target
Skirt: eShakti
Belt: New York & Company
Flats: Born
Brooch: Loft
Hat which I didn't buy but perhaps should have: Nordstrom's

13 comments:

  1. I know where you're at on the rut.  Dress/cardigan.  Skirt/top/cardigan.  Day in.  Day out.    I'm thinking about bringing back "No Repeats", I tell ya.  The hat *was* cute, and I like your bright red skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Repeats wouldn't be a bad plan. I had been thinking about it before I went out of town, and then totally forgot. Woops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are the best at black and white plus a pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could've gone to FNO! I am so behind on info like this... because I'm lazy -_- hahaha. You both look SUPER stylish! That's why pictures needed to be taken! I love that bright red skirt on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, I'm going to have to find out if KC does anything like this.  And, yes, go back and get the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hat's a little bit out of my nonexistent cute hat budget, so I'm looking for a less expensive option someplace that isn't Nordstrom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea about it either - Randi just happened to mention it on her blog, and I got nosy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can do that.  Post about it on Monday to see if anyone wants to join in?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay first of all, YES you should have bought that hat. So cute!

    Second, I love how Wednesday's and Thursday's outfits are inversions of each other. Both are terrific on you. No wonder they wanted to take your picture!

    Third, next time you have to let me know about a Chicago FNO. I would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Believe me, if I had had more than a few hours notice myself, I definitely would've insisted you come along! That said, I think we need a small Chicago-area gathering sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wasn't the rain a bummer?  I made it to Saks and NM for FNO only, I was hoping to get to Top Shop for their grand opening as well as Oak but my bff and I went to Grand Lux for dinner!  Too bad I didn't find you then because we could have gone together, and I live...40 paces from Nordstrom ;)

    ReplyDelete