Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jeans for Work and Play

09/23/11

Happy Sunday, Style Nation!  How is your weekend going?  Mine's been fairly busy, considering I'm supposed to be resting up with a sinus infection.  Woops.  Above is what I wore to work on Friday.  Just my typical bottoms + tank + cardigan combo.  But it's easy, and it works.

Tank: Loft
Cardigan: Target (last worn August 1st)
Jeans: Old Navy
Necklace: New York & Company
Flats: Born

09/24/11

Yesterday, Fella and I went to the Hideout Block Party here in Chicago.  It was a gray, gloomy and rainy day until we left to head down there, but because of the weather (and the forecasted storms and hail), the Hideout had apparently scaled back on everything, not expecting a huge crowd.  By about 8:00, they ran out of food, toilet paper, water for hand washing, and were rumored to be about out of beer.  And speaking of beer, we waited in line for about 40 minutes for one!  But despite all of that, it was really fun.  We got to see Chicago blues singer Mavis Staples and Chicago's own Andrew Bird.  That was our 5th time seeing him in the past 2 years, and he never disappoints.

09/24/11

Anyway, this is what I wore to be comfortable, warm and kind of fit in with the concert crowd.  Have I mentioned before how tricky concert dressing is for me?  I bought this peacoat-style sweatshirt jacket last year, and was very happy to find it while unpacking another box the other day.  You can almost see the sequins on my t-shirt in this shot, but since I didn't actually take a picture of it, you can see it here.  And my scarf has a giant hole in it because Meko thought it was a toy (I don't know how many times I have to tell my dogs that accessories, although fun, aren't toys!), but fortunately I was able to hide that and still wear it.

Jacket: Old Navy
Tee: Loft
Scarf: Target
Jeans: Old Navy
Sneakers: Converse (last seen on the blog on January 4th)

11 comments:

  1. I've said it before, but I love those jeans on you. And that shirt. Which I may have to go and buy in olive. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be an enabler, but they ARE buy one, get one 50% off now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti_NotDeadYetStyleSeptember 25, 2011 at 2:09 PM

    I love the peacoat/sweatshirt - what a great idea. My cats don't believe me either, when I say white knit top does not equal cat bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Target had some great little flap pocket jacket/sweatshirts this morning.  One almost made it into my cart.  Things that look like structured jackets but are actually sweatshirts are my new favorite thing.  I just checked out some suits from LOFT that looked sharp in the store but are made of this fabric called "scuba" that feels like fancy sweatpants.  I bought a pair of the pants and might be grabbing a jacket next month when my budget refreshes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw lots of fancy sweatshirts at Target yesterday.  I was pretty close to buying one with the shawl collar and button - it looked SO cozy, yet not too sloppy for wearing out of the house.

    I do think you have to be picky about sweatpants-like dress pants.  NY&CO used to sell some (not sure if they still do) that looked like yoga pants with pockets and a fly, and pilled horribly.  I'm guessing the LOFT scuba is a little better quality though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I own a pretty limited amount of white things because it doesn't mix well with 2 large, shedding black dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the scarf...hole and all.  The Loft tank you're wearing in the first photo reminds me...I have one like it in my closet and have yet to wear it.  Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I have a jacket like that from Gap that I love for cool (not cold) weather. I had it with me last weekend but never wore it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the peacoat jacket, and i'm glad you had a fun weekend! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a great weekend.  I hope you are feeling better! Love the way you styled your jeans with that great sweatshirt jacket and Chucks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love denim that I can dress up and down and still look good! And that scarf is AWESOME. I love the print!

    ReplyDelete