Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pants!

09/14/11

A quick scroll through the Flickr shows that I haven't worn pants - not jeans or capris, but actual dress pants - to work since March 28th!  MARCH!  How on earth did I make it almost 6 months?  Some of it was due to a little weight gain which caused none of my pants to fit, and I guess the rest would be due to a fairly hot summer.  I have lost about 5 pounds since writing my wordy weight post, so I can finally fit into my "fat" pants.  And as for the weather?  It's 42 degrees as I write this, so pants are fairly appropriate.  And when I pantsed up yesterday, it was only in the 50's.  I swear, I'll never understand Midwest weather.  It was almost 90 on Monday, and 2 days later it's dropped 40 degrees.  But I digress.  The point is, I've kind of missed dress pants.  They can be so comfortable, and black pants just look so smooth and polished.  You know, as long as you don't notice the dog fur all over them.

09/15/11

Thanks for all the photo tips and tricks in response to my post the other day!  I took Kristen's advice, and set my camera to Portrait, and it ignored all the miscellaneous junk on my porch and focused on me.  And it even knew to use the flash on the detail photo, so you could see the cute ruffles and shiny texture happening with this blouse.  Oooh, shiny.  It, in fact looks so cool that one of my co-workers asked if she could feel my shirt yesterday.  Yep, we're a friendly bunch in my office.

Cardigan: Target
Blouse: The Limited
Pants and Necklace: New York & Company
Sandals: Aerosoles

12 comments:

  1. Great outfit... Love how you are rocking the pants! Your photos definitely look clearer and brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like your shiny blouse.  I have been pantsless quite a lot lately too, and for similar reasons.  The weird thing is, my weight really hasn't changed since spring but somehow my shape has changed anyway, and it's messing with my pants fit.  I ordered some widelegs from the Gap and we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, that is a gorgeous maroon top. Second, I know all about fur in pants problem. I have 3 cats, so there's bound to be fur from at least one cat in every piece of clothing I have. I wore trousers a couple days ago because I ALSO have not worn them for a very long time. Dresses and skirts are just too comfy AND more girly! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that fuchsia top.  I set my camera to portrait too, since it seems to be the setting where the auto focus works the best for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That top is fabulous.  I can't believe you've gone nearly 6 months without wearing pants - that's impressive.  Also impressive is your first wearing in 6 months - this outfit is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wore very similar black pants yesterday (but I didn't look as profesh as you, and since it was 80 degrees/90% humidity, I was sweating hog-like throughout class).  I also dig the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look fab! love that ruffled top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was that intentional to go so long without wearing pants?  I'm amazed and you're lookin' good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY, glad the setting worked! And nice to see you close up and not in shadows.
    I want to pet that shirt too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It definitely wasn't! And I didn't even realize it had been that long until I looked through my archives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I hate that! My weight has been hovering within about 5 pounds for a while, but things do redistribute. Annoying.

    ReplyDelete