Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Morning, Rain is Falling

09/18/11

Here's what I wore on this rainy Sunday.  I had a super cute outfit for going out on Saturday night, but woops, forgot to snap a picture.  Sunday was a pretty quiet, relaxing day.  Fella watched football while I did a little closet cleaning/reorganizing and worked on some knitting.  We had dinner at Fella's parents' house, so I didn't even have to cook yesterday.  Score!  I guess I'm following Cynthia's No Repeats plan, by wearing an item that hasn't been worn in at least 30 days.  This tank top never saw the blog, but I wore it a few times over the summer, and then it just got lost somewhere in my closet.  I need to work on that.  The sneakers haven't been seen on the blog since May, so those definitely qualify as not being worn in 30 days.

09/18/11

Also new to me and the blog are these jeans.  They're the Dreamer from Old Navy.  I'm sure I've mentioned how many issues I've had finding good jeans in the past.  I was a fan of the Gap Long & Lean for a while, but they stretch out a LOT just after being worn once, so I've decided to stop dropping $60-$70 for those, at least until Gap keeps putting so much stretch in their jeans.  The reviews on these jeans were all really positive, so I gave them a chance.  Old Navy sizing can be so hit or miss, but they fit me perfectly, don't stretch out and are oh-so-comfortable.  Oh, and they were on sale, so with a 40% off coupon and a $10 gift card, they only cost me $5!

Cardigan & Jeans: Old Navy
Tank and Scarf: Loft
Shoes: Puma (last seen on May 12th)
Earrings: Alixandra Collections, gifted

11 comments:

  1. The jeans are perfect! Hmm, I'm going to have to check out Dreamer in their long inseam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How tall are you?  Mine are long, and at 5'9, they're perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those jeans look great on you.  I've had trouble with Old Navy jeans stretching in the past, so I might have to look into those if they aren't stretchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denim win! These look great on you :)  I love the blues in the tank too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color of that cardi is absolutely amazing on you! It really works well with your hair and complexion! Loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome deal on the denim - I can never understand how it is so hard to find a decent pair of jeans, even from the same store where they've fit you before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour sweater, I may go try those jeans, I have never had much luck in ONavy but willing to try again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thus far I've worn them twice without them stretching out, which is more than I can say for some other jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair is looking awesome!  So sleek and shiny!  I might have try those jeans on.  They look fantastic on you!  I'm in between pairs right now and it's slooowly becoming cool enough here to imagine wearing pants...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lack of summer humidity is definitely agreeing with my hair!  And I'd definitely check the jeans out - they look better in person, and they're pretty good quality for the price.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the blue striped top and cardigan!
    We definitely like the same types of jeans; Long and Leans were my go-to jeans for years, and now I wear the Dreamers. Let me know if your darker pair stretches out too much; I have the medium and the lighter rinse, and the medium stretches out like crazy after half a day. But the light lasts for a week! So weird.

    ReplyDelete