Friday, June 24, 2011

In the Garden

06/24/11
It's Friday!  Yay!  We had a pretty big rain storm here on Tuesday night, and ever since, it's been a bit chilly again.  I don't know about having to wear a sweater in June, but more layers do seem to add a bit more interest to my outfits.  Otherwise, I'm just relying on cute shoes and/or jewelry.  But speaking of basic outfits, I disguised one of those on Wednesday with cute pictures of Jude.  I mentioned that he spent most of our photo shoot eating grass.  A-Dubs asked to see Jude's cow impression, and who am I to deny Stylenation that?



In addition to a Rad visit, dizzy spells and crazy weather, I also had a chance to meet the lovely Kristen of Low Fat Dressing this week!  We met up at the Chicago Botanic Garden Wednesday night after work.  If you're in the Chicago area and want to fit in as much of the gardens as you can in 2 hours, Kristen is your gal. She was an awesome tour guide!  And though it was dark and gloomy and kind of chilly, this was a cool time to visit the garden because no one was there.  Of course we didn't get a picture (blogger fail), but I did get a lot of cool garden pictures.











Cardigan: Target
Tank: Loft
Skirt: Old Navy
Sandals: Clarks
Unseen Earrings: Bohm

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty pictures of the gardens!
    I love that top in the first picture, and Jude does a great cow impression. I took one of our dogs for a walk by the river recently. He charged off into the water, splashed around, then stood, half in the water and half out, eating grass. Not my idea of a good time, but he seemed to be enjoying himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gardens look like fun, I will have to go if I can ever get myself back to Chicago sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Anne, I am definitely loving the colder weather. I know it's gonna be hot and humid again in a couple of days, so I am enjoying the cold as much as I can! And I've never been to the botanical gardens! I didn't even know they existed! You are giving me so many ideas of places to go to when I go up to Chicago again! And I LOVE Jude's cow expression! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew the gardens were there because they're right on the way to my office, but this was the first time I've ever gone!  It's definitely worth checking out the next time you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you really should.  Get back to Chicago, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA!  Dogs definitely have different ideas of fun.  As we speak, I assume Jude is picking through the garbage at home.  Gross to me, fun for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the cow impression.  I've never seen him eat grass.  Next time, next time.
    Beautiful pictures!
    It's cool-ish over here too. And grey and cloudy.  Hey summer, are you here or what? 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those gardens are so pretty! I love that pathway lined by the hedges. Would so be cool for outfit photos - you should go back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking that too!  And that would've been a perfect day to do outfit photos too, since no one was around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait, really?  He grazes quite a bit.  But maybe he didn't want you to know about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These gardens are beautiful...as is the colorful little pot garden in your outfit photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Outfit photos?! Why didn't we think of that?! Next time, for sure (which won't be this week, sorry, I have another appointment on Wednesday. But I could do Tuesday!)
    I think it's amazing we were there together and our photos are all completely different.

    ReplyDelete