Monday, January 10, 2011

No Repeats, catch up (home stretch!)

DSCF6280

Heart Charlie discussed her love of ankle boots and  cropped jeans on Sunday.  Since my sleep schedule is so disastrous, and I added my boots to this Sunday, writing-all-day outfit.  Next time, I'm going for a more tailored top.  Note my attempt to wear color by commandeering Blokey's top (it's his grandfather's).

DSCF6290


Lyddie Gal informed us yesterday that another blogger is having a Rainbow Tights week challenge.  Here's attempt #1.  I do think that this outfit would have looked nicer with black or grey tights, or leggings.  Maybe because the purples are just different enough that they clash?  Also, the flash make my tights look super shiny, although they are not in real life.

DSCF6287

This weekend hopefully is my last sequestered one.  I am making decent progress on the Monster Project (Deadline Feb. 1), and I need to move onto to semester prep and other projects soon, so hopefully I can dig out of my writing hole.  Folks ask about my weekend and I blink and think "Was it the weekend?"

Happy Monday, Style Nation.

Outfit 1:
Henley: stolen from kid sister
Shirt: Jos. Lawrence (from Racine, Wisconsin), Blokey's closet
Jeans: Levis, skinnied by me
Boots: Born

Outfit 2:
Top: Uniqlo
Dress/tunic: AA
Tights: Hue
Boots: MIA

13 comments:

  1. I like the purple and grey together, and Blokey's shirt looks super comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like you in red! And I really like the tights in the second outfit. I don't think it clashes, as far as I can tell. I'm planning to join in the rainbow tights fun on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't envy your school schedule! Hope you get some time off soon :)

    I think it's supercool that your shirt was your husband's grandfathers! I also like the deep purple with gray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you can wear ankle boots. The only boots I have are cowboy boots, and I wear them to ride in. :) But really, I like the cropped pants and boots look on you.

    And the shirt from Racine? I've been there! I miss WI, but not the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello - thank you so much for stopping my blog last week. I appreciate that you took the time to comment, especially with your busy schedule.

    I have to say, I love the cropped pants with the ankle boots. It's something I like to do with my boots sometimes too. And as a color lover, I appreciate your purple tights with the black and grey - I think it looks stellar.

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe I'll wear colorful tights tomorrow. In my dayquil and class prep haze, I've no sartorial plan of action.

    I dig the Borns with the cuffed jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the purple tights...and soon, you'll have your life back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stressed and over-worked Rad is still super-hot! That ankle boots and jeans ensemble is soooo sexy-smart.

    Hold on, woman! You are so rocking this project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the full photo, i wouldn't have even noticed the top was purple, it just reads as grey. and I think it's okay to mix different shades of the same color, matching isn't important!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the ankle boots and cropped jeans. Those of you with long legs really owe it to us shorties to rock this look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I love a bright tight.

    Kudos on the cropped jean with boots - it looks totally stylin'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Rebecca: It was super comfortable. But he didn't like me stealing it as much as I did.
    @Anne: Red is my least scary color. Looking forward to your Wednesday pictures.
    @Eek: Sadly, school hasn't started yet! Just me working like a freak.
    @Miss B: Thanks. I'll try this look again.
    @Gracey: I just saw your awesome cropped pants and boots look!
    @LaHdM: I hope that you're feeling better!
    @Terri: Thanks. I hope so!
    @A-Dubs: You're also so generous with your complimenets. Strangely, I don't feel super-hot, but hopefully my work is!
    @Lyddie Gal: good to know. I'm going to mix away.
    @K.Bean: I'm not even long legged. I wear average length pants. I'm glad that I'm tricking folks with the camera.
    @Sheila: I often think of your outfits whenever I rock a bright leg!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the boots-with-cuffed-jeans look!

    ReplyDelete