Monday, March 28, 2011

Back to Life, Back to Reality

03/28/2011

I don't know about you, but I've never been happier to get back to my day to day routine than after this weekend.  Thank you all for your kind words and support yesterday.  I just had to get everything out, and writing about things really helps me.  I'm so glad that there's such a great community around here to listen.

We had a great time with Fella's family last night, and he really seems to be feeling better about everything, so that's good.  Tonight we're headed out to try an Ethiopian restaurant for dinner with a couple of friends.  I'm looking forward to it, but also looking forward to getting some decent sleep tonight.  Waking up at 5:30am today wasn't so great after not getting a ton of sleep this weekend.

How was your weekend?

Cardigan: Loft
Tank: Gap
Pants: Limited
Necklace: New York & Company
Shoes: Naturalizer, via PiperLime

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad Fella is starting to feel better. I really like the purple cardi on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're better :) My weekend was blissful. Mondays suck. BIG TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better! Did you enjoy the Ethiopian food? I've had it a few times and it was delish!! Loving the purple cardigan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll let you know - we're going tonight after work! Do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes they do. But at least Monday is half over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the awesome tweed pants! You look great.
    I like everything that Ethiopian food has to offer. Everything is good. The vegetarian stuff makes me want to weep. Who knew that lentils could be so great?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm... awesome Soul II Soul earworm. I've got a 2 hour department meeting in an hour. You can rest assured that I'll be singing it to myself the WHOLE time. Glad to hear that you and Fella are doing better today -- sorry to hear you two had such a horrible weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's pretty catchy, isn't it? You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally dig the raw beef spiced with berbere (kitfo) but that's kind of on the crazy end of the Ethiopian spectrum. Our Ethiopian place has a tomato, avocado and onion salad, nomz, and you can't go wrong with doro wat (chicken stew).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about Fella, I just read your post, and I actually cried a little. Getting mugged is a scenario that I've imagined many times, but if actually faced with it, I highly suspect I would just crumble into bits.
    Glad to hear you are getting back into your routine and getting some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always imagined myself strongly and fiercely getting out of it sfaely, but crumbling is probably a little more realistic. I took self-defense classes in college and after t gain some confidence as an independent woman (I lived alone in a not great neighborhood for years) and they prepare you for being approached in exactly the same way Fella was. Hopefully none of us ever has to be in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. MMMMM Ethiopian food! Enjoy!
    Lovely shade of purple on you, and I continue to enjoy that necklace immensely. I've had my eyes out for a Lucite necklace every since you posted that one shortly after buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely have a hard time not wearing that necklace everyday. I love it and it's so versatile. I think Forever 21 usually has reasonably priced jewelry along these lines, if you did't want/can't find the NY&CO one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're lookin' lovely, Doll. How were the eats last night?

    ReplyDelete