Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Greys



I am sticking with the theme of non-black neutrals. The sandals, which my sister calls "Biblical," are dark brown. I am wearing mostly shades of grey. The cardigan is a dove grey, the tank is striped light and dark grey, and the pants are olive green/grey. I threw this on in a hurry, because we had to take our newest family member to the doctor this morning, before he can hang out with the others.
A friend of a friend recently found a feral momma cat and her litter of grey and white kittens on their back porch in Gowanus. The friend has been searching for good homes, as none of the no kill shelters in Brooklyn will accept kittens. Since I've been wanting to get Lula a playmate for a while, I decided to take up the offer. The momma cat is being spayed by one of the organizations in Brooklyn that provides neutering for feral cats, and he was brought inside just yesterday. Here's Buster (named after the famous mother-lover, Buster Bluth), our six week old, trash talking, but sweet as honey kitten:

So currently, he prefers to run away and hide under the dresser and hiss at us whenever get too close (but cries when one of us is not in the room.) He's all talk though. Once you pull him out and pet him, he calms down, purrs, and likes to sleep on our pillow and bed. And he seems to be quite good at using the litter box. The vet says he's healthy, clean, and just has a little cold. Buster is quarantined from Lula for now, as she's quite the Alpha kitty, but I think they'll be buddies (or tolerating each other) sometime soon.

Buster says, "Hey, get that camera out of my face!"

13 comments:

  1. So cute! hehe Buster... My sister and watched some AD this weekend via netflicks- so funny - gets funnier everytime I watch it it seems. 'hey brother'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MOLY! What a little love! My boy kitty is a gray and white tabby, so I'm especially enamored.

    And this casual and totally neutral ensemble is one of my favorites that I've seen you wear, lady! Laid back cool, all the way.

    Hey, any chance you'll ever come back to MN to visit? Just checking ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie pie! I think Bailey needs a friend, but I'm definitely not getting another animal before the move.

    I like your biblical sandals - very retro New Testament. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buster is very cute. I love kittens and Arrested Development. Hopefully your Buster won't have a run in with a loose seal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! My aunt has a white & grey kitty named Buster and he has the best, fearless personality. Maybe they'll be alike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so adorable - and I like that your ensemble compliments his colouring! In that last picture, we are getting the stank eye for sure.

    Also, describe anything as "dove gray" and you've got me. You look totally long, lean, and business casual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at how nice you look not wearing black! And I love that you and Buster are so color-coordinated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I am kind of girling out right now (squee-ing at my computer screen out loud all by myself)! Buster is adorable and I like how you guys are dressed the same today. I love grey as an alternative neutral to black.

    And I also love that you are totally getting the cut-eye from this little guy. Hope the introductions go smoothly. My two cats seemed like they would never get along but now they are besties who tolerate my presence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwww. I love the name and I already love the kitty.

    "Buster, it's a bird!"
    "...but it walked ON MY PILLOW!"

    I have introduced a billion cats to my many cats when I used to do fostering and adoptions out of my...apartment. I always let new adopters borrow Cat vs Cat or told them to take it out of the library -- IF you need any pointers re cat introductions. You of course also have me at your beck and call if you want, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you're experimenting with non-black neutrals. They look great on you!

    Oh man, and don't even get me started on the kitten. So adorable!!! I miss my kitty being that small.

    Love you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwwwww. Such a cute kitten!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwwwww. Such a cute kitten!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! My aunt has a white & grey kitty named Buster and he has the best, fearless personality. Maybe they'll be alike!

    ReplyDelete