Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ode to Sal

I love Sally McGraw's Already Pretty website. She's gorgeous, has amazing clothes, and a really healthy approach towards fashion and body confidence. And today, she had a post dedicated to her versatile use of tank dresses, and I wanted to wear this new swap tunic today. I took her advice and I think I made it somewhat more modest with this dress, but it's still quite short (good thing today is not a teaching day).
Yeah, these are my books. I think I have them in my office to impress my students. (It works. Sometimes).


I didn't realize until I looked at the pictures how short this was, but luckily my coat is long. I guess the blog is good for helping me see how my outfits look when not viewed through the mirror. I like the outfit, but I think the belt made a short tunic even shorter. I will go with leggings instead of tights next time.

I tried belting on top of the jacket, and I'm iffy about which one looks better. Over the jacket seems longer.

Belt: thrifted, Beacon's closet, $9
boots: Born, ebay, $95
tights, Target, $5
green dress (under layer), Zara, Beacon's closet, $14
oatmeal tunic sweater, swapped, originally from Jacob (cheap Canadian retailer)

7 comments:

  1. I think the tunic is a nice length. I like this outfit on you a lot!!! I'm really loving your boots.

    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sal too, she is amazing. Your outfit looks super cute, and it is not too short, I don't think! It is funny what you wrote about seeing your outfits differently in photos - it is so true! I don't know what it is about mirrors vs cameras!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit either way, but personally I like the belt under the jacket. And I agree, it's not too short at all - especially since you're wearing tights underneath. Would you feel more comfortable with leggings on instead?

    And I agree that taking pictures of your outfits definitely helps you see how you actually look! In my case, I don't know if that's a good thing or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, shucks, lady I'm blushing! Thank you so much for your kind words. And I'm just tickled that you threw that tank dress into the mix - mine have saved me from the Insidious Creeping Hemline many a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the input. Especially Sal (I'm so honored that she even knows my blog). I will do this again with leggings, but it's good to know that I didn't horrify anyone with the hemline.
    It is weird how cameras, mirrors, and looking at one's self on the train result in totally different images, isn't it? I think my face looks different in a lot of photos, but I put them up anyway (maybe that's what I really look like?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the legs for the shorter skirts, so go with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the belt under better. :) This is a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete