Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Evaluation


march8 067, originally uploaded by Cohabitating_Closet.

It took me longer than usual getting dressed today, because this outfit needs to project some degree of competence. Our program of study at work is getting evaluated by folks from the outside, and part of the evaluation is a dinner. I like meeting strangers and chatting about stuff. One of my students said, "You spend a lot of time schmoozing." I guess I do, although one wouldn't think of the professoriate as a job that requires a lot of socializing. (C'mon, we're nerds! Give us our windowless rooms with books).
I wanted to go jeans and a blazer, but I also wanted to wear my new spectators (purchased for the wedding. They can only be justifed if they make it into everyday wear). I have a good black blazer but only vintage brown ones, and they just didn't match with my jeans. Maybe I need some higher waisted, trouser style jeans. So I went with an old faithful. Thrifted vintage double knit polyester A line skirt, the swapped cardigan, and swapped short scarf. I think this outfit has kind of a 50s vibe, with the spectators. I tried to be daring with the weird nude print tights, which might just be too daring for mixed company.

Close up of shoes/tights

Shirt: LOFT

Cardigan: JCrew, swapped

Skirt, probably handmade, thrifted (Minneapolis)

Tights: Kmart (I had to go there to get a slip)

Shoes: Tahari, via Ebay

8 comments:

  1. Very nice shoes. I am kind of jealous.

    I like the scarf with that collar. It's sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty fabulous for an old faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it, love it! Great shoes, great tights and a fabulous red skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I think that we made a pretty good impression on the evaluators. If only that we are a pretty well dressed bunch (the fellas wore nice sport coats and slacks).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute shoes! Are they Tahari "melody" style? I am spying some on ebay also but it says over 3 inches! Yikes, don't think I can do that... Also do they run true to size?
    Thanks! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anonyomous, they are the Melody Taharis. They probably a tolerable 3" (but more like a 2 3/4). The heel is narrow but stacked, and has real rubber, not fake plastic looking rubber. They do run true to size. I recommend them, although you may not want to wear them for than 4 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Anonyomous, they are the Melody Taharis. They probably a tolerable 3" (but more like a 2 3/4). The heel is narrow but stacked, and has real rubber, not fake plastic looking rubber. They do run true to size. I recommend them, although you may not want to wear them for than 4 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice shoes. I am kind of jealous.

    I like the scarf with that collar. It's sharp.

    ReplyDelete