Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Staycationing

06/28/11
I took the morning off today to head downtown with Fella's mom, aunt and a family friend to watch a live taping of Chicago's new local morning show, Windy City Live. Watching a live TV show was pretty cool!  Fella's mom, a regular TCC reader, offered to snap some outfit photos of me on the set, which I couldn't pass up.

06/28/11
After the show, we went out for a quick lunch and did some browsing at the big Macy's (formerly Marshall Field's) downtown on State Street. Thanks to a surprise express train home, which passed my stop by a few, I enjoyed a long walk home, complete with a stroll through the neighborhood Farmer's Market and a stop for ice cream, on a beautiful summer day.

I love taking actual vacations, but I have to say, when summer rolls around here, I love me a staycation.  Chicago's such a cool city anyway, but we have so many things going on in the summer.  And taking some time to enjoy my city was just what I needed after a pretty busy couple of months.  Moving, packing, unpacking, entertaining (welcome and totally wanted) out-of-town guests, friend's weddings and various parties have kept me busy since the beginning of May.  But finally getting some time to window shop and walk around on a sunny day was awesome.  Do you Staycation?

Cardigan: Target
Dress: Loft Outlet
Sandals: Unisa, via PiperLime
Earrings: Gift
Bag: Coach, gift

13 comments:

  1. Nice cardigan :)  Actually, the whole outfit's great but I just had to express the Target cardigan love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute that Fella's mom took pictures for you.  I like to get out of town in the summer, though the Twin Cities is nice when it's warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you find anything cute at the Big Macy's?  Did you eat in the huge cafe with the gigando flower arrangement?  Aw, downtown Chicago.  Will you ever cease to delight?
    I can't wait to do some more stay-cationing this summer.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great day! I love staycationing too - I did a little last week when I was off and it was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a delicious day.  We have been stay-cationing and have stumbled across all kinds of things we didn't even know were in KC.  Free Shakespeare in the Park last week; a Maker Faire over the weekend; carousel rides for 1.25...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the print of that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun, but relaxing day.  Love it when I can have the day to explore the city like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the print on that Loft dress!  I was much more a fan of staycationing when I lived in Madrid than I am now.  Sometimes it's nice to be home and just relax, but I love to travel and explore different cities.  

    ReplyDelete
  9. Madrid sounds like it would be an amazing place to staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nah, I just saw the first level, so we looked at all kinds of pretty (and expensive!) jewelry and purses.  Ah, to have unlimited disposable income...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Target cardigan!  I feel like we could have a twins week based on our cardigan collections alone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that sounds so nice!  That's what I like about staycationing - there's so many things happening here that I never knew existed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love every single part of that outfit! The colors are great, right down to the white sandals; it all goes together so perfectly.
    So glad you are enjoying your staycation! If you're going to do one, Chicago is the best place for it.:)

    ReplyDelete