Wednesday, March 9, 2011

In Lieu of Polka Dots

03/09/11

So here's the thing.  I was going through my closet looking at the various polka-dotted things I own so that I can join in the fun over at Everybody, Everywhere (including this sweaterthis top and this scarf), when I came upon this dress.  There are some dots amongst the stripes, but they're not really polka dotty.  I decided to wear this dress today anyway.  It's been hiding in the back of my closet since last year.  I bought it and really liked the print, but felt like it was way too short for me.  It still feels a little shorter than things I normally wear, but it's okay with tights, and since I've been doing a lot of cardio over the past 9 months or so, I don't completely hate my legs in shorter skirts and dresses.

03/09/11

Also, I don't know if you can tell, but there's some orange in this dress!  (So you were right, Gracey, there is an Orange for Everybody!)  The coloring is a lot warmer than what I normally wear, which is a nice change.

Dress, Cardigan, Tights & Necklace: Target (Wow!)
Bracelet: Macy's
Earrings: The Limited
Shoes: Naturalizer, via Piperlime

15 comments:

  1. You look great! The dress doesn't look too short to me, and I hope it was comfortable to wear. The print is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cute dress, with a polkadotty vibe even if the dots aren't quite dots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this dress is really adorable and definitely not too short!
    The print is fab and the orange works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress! I think it looks great and not too short at all. I'd have to agree - there's definitely a polkadot vibe going on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is really cute. I like the print, and it's close enough to polka dots for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharp! Love this look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you found this dress in the back of your closet! It's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress - so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I hate to say that I told you so, but this bit of rusty orange is perfect on you! I wish I could find something, anything, this awesome in the back of the closet - it's fabulous.

    Gracey
    http://fashionforgiants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fun pattern on that dress!...looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zoinks! I love the pattern on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, lots of love for this dress! I think it was close to being in the donation pile last year, but you've all definitely convinced me to keep it :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Goodness. I HEART this dress! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My Goodness. I HEART this dress! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely dress! I think it looks great and not too short at all. I'd have to agree - there's definitely a polkadot vibe going on here :)

    ReplyDelete