Monday, August 30, 2010

Dressing for a Funk

Good morning, all!  As many of you are starting school or getting ready to start back to school, today is just another Monday for me.  Although I wish I were heading back to school as a student right now, I can't say I miss all of the reading, projects, papers and tests that I encountered last fall in my short-lived career as a graduate student.  I swear I'll get back to that sometime soon.

For whatever reason, I've been in a serious funk the past couple of days.  Everything seems to be annoying me, and although I'd love to just crawl under my desk and hide/wallow until 5:00 gets here, my way of dressing while I'm down is to wear something pretty that I'll feel good in.  I engaged in a little retail therapy this weekend and picked up this dress while at Target to buy a new toaster.  I originally checked out the clothes there to snag myself an adorable short-sleeved turtleneck like E-Jo's, but had to take this dress home instead.

Check out the detailing:
Dress: Target
Shoes: Tsubo
Earrings and bracelet: New York & Company

11 comments:

  1. It is a symptom of my own funk (or perhaps just the funk on my contact lenses) that I hopefully read the title of this entry as "Dressing for P Funk".

    Which I think would make a fabulous wardrobe challenge for October...

    Anyway. Cute dress! Target usually coughs up a cute find or two every time I go there. Which is why I must stay away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is adorable. You may be in a funk, but you look great. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man - I hear ya on the funk/hiding under your desk. The dress is really cute though- so I hope it helps : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look radiant in this dress. I do believe that you are the master of the Target dress.
    I hope that you feel better now (maybe there was something funny on the way to work). Make something nice for dinner, play with the dog, and this funk will pass soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look funk-less. Is that a word. No? Oh well then, you look great. You remedy of dressing while you are down works. I love the color of the dress. Target has some great stuff, and it never looks like it came from "Target".

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color of the dress really looks good with the gray shoes. Excellent combo!

    I hope Tuesday feels sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is so cute, I had to pick one up of my own tonight. Thanks for the enabling!

    I hear you on dressing when you are in a funk. I'm there right now, and it's not pretty. Retail therapy has helped.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the kind words, all! The funk has mostly passed - I took Rad's advice and hung out with my dog and made a good dinner when I got home from work, both of which definitely helped.

    Cynthia: I have no idea how to dress P Funk, but yeah, let's definitely do that.

    SU: Target has definitely stepped it up with their clothes over the last few years - none of the stuff I own from there looks at all like Target. Whatever that used to look like...

    Kristen: I'm glad to enable - then I don't feel quite so guilty about my own retail therapy :) Hope your funk passes soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress is great!! I saw it when I was at Target and coveted it greatly but unfortunately belting at the waist is not a flattering style for me. It looks fantastic on you though!

    I also love the earrings. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think dressing for P-Funk may involve dreads and large gold satin top hats, but hey, I'm down. No one at work will even NOTICE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the kind words, all! The funk has mostly passed - I took Rad's advice and hung out with my dog and made a good dinner when I got home from work, both of which definitely helped.

    Cynthia: I have no idea how to dress P Funk, but yeah, let's definitely do that.

    SU: Target has definitely stepped it up with their clothes over the last few years - none of the stuff I own from there looks at all like Target. Whatever that used to look like...

    Kristen: I'm glad to enable - then I don't feel quite so guilty about my own retail therapy :) Hope your funk passes soon too!

    ReplyDelete