Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy (belated) Halloween!

10/31/11

10/31/11

And more importantly, happy November!  How on earth did it get to be November already?  I think I've said that at the start of every month this year.  But really.  Anyway, what did you all do to celebrate Halloween?  Fella and I aren't big Halloween people.  It's a fun holiday when you're a kid, and it's been fun seeing all of my friends' adorable kiddies all dressed up.  And I may be hunting for dog Halloween costumes which should hopefully now be on sale (I've had my eye on this banana costume for Jude and cow costume for Meko). But dressing up as a grown-up?  Eh, it's not for me.  Though we did carve pumpkins and stock up on candy.  On Saturday night, which was the big Halloween party night around here, we turned down an invitation to go out with our neighbors and stayed in and grilled and watched Crazy Heart (I know, we're SO behind on movies) instead.  And above is my not festive work ensemble from yesterday.

Privo purple heels

Cardigan: Target
Tank: Loft
Pants: New York & Company
Necklace: The Limited
Shoes: Privo
Sunglasses: Loft

Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween from Meko & Jude pumpkins!

16 comments:

  1. Why yes, yes they are. You can find a full close-up here: * http://tinyurl.com/63nuw5s*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dog pumpkins are so cute, and I like those purple shoes a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I even drooled on them last time you wore them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the doggie pumpkins!! Great texture with that fun top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your pumpkins are just adorable (and can I just say, I'm so glad you guys still have Meko).

    I can't believe it's November either; it's making me mildly disgruntled, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We saw a dog costume last night that made it look like a little jockey was riding the dog like a racehorse. It was hilarious. 
    I really like the texture on your tank!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny because we don't actually celebrate Halloween either... we'll go dressed up at parties, but we don't even give candy out to kids! We just like to keep them to ourselves! hahaha. 

    I really like that tank! the ruffles are really pretty and the purple cardi is just LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We tried to pass out candy one year by sitting in the front yard with a giant bowl of candy, but kids just don't come.  So shoot, I have to eat the candy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh awesome!  I saw a similar one that was a Sleepy Hollow-style costume, where the dog is the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, we adopted Meko so we'll always have her :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shoes!  Your description of your Halloween investment (or lack thereof) sounds like you're describing me.  I kind of hate costumes -- mostly because I lack the imagination to come up with something cool.  The mini-FR has himself a hotdog costume but it's gotten a bit snug now that he's a robust 12 pounds so I might need to look into getting something new next year!  

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww jude pumpkin is so cute!
    I'm not really into halloween either... even though I love wearing costumes, I'm not about to turn up at work in one, and I never have parties.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, so cute! Love the pumpkins.
    Funny, I wore grey pants and a purple sweater too on Monday, but your outfit turned out much better than mine. :)

    ReplyDelete