Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Can't Stop Wearing This Dress

11/02/11

I feel like I wear this dress a lot, so much so that I had considered making it take a little break.  But apparently I haven't blogged it nearly as much as I've worn it, so at least you all won't get sick of it just yet.  It's a great print in colors that are easy to style around, comfortable and flattering, so I can't help myself.  What piece(s) do you have that you just can't stop wearing?

        06/06/11    08/31/11 

11/02/11

This close-up was intended to show you my brooch-wielding (or my necklace emboobening), but since I'm also sharing my puffy undereyes with the blogosphere, can we talk skin care for a moment?  As in, can any of you recommend an eye cream that actually works?  I've been using Clinique's All About Eyes Rich for a while, and though it feels nice, it hasn't done much for the puffiness.  Before that, I tried Garnier's Skin-Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller and a few others that I can't remember off-hand.  Most recently, Fresh Lotus Eye Gel was recommended to me.  But before I shell out $50 on another eye cream, I want another opinion.

Dress: Target (remixed, as above)
Cardigan: The Limited (remixed)
Necklace and brooch: New York & Company
Tights: Target
Boots: Eddie Bauer

15 comments:

  1. I like that dress, and it looks so different depending on the color that you wear it with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is fabulous on you.
    I was hoping to hear from readers about good eye creams.  I have fine lines that I never had before.  I also use All About Eyes (the non-rich variety) but they're still there, starring at me, with pure defiance, screaming "You can't escape middle age!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please Rad, we're WAY too young for middle age. I use the non-rich variety during the day (it goes under make-up better), and rich at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had no luck luck with eye cream...I tried Clinique and it did nothing...I give up on the undereye circles and puffiness, I just blame it on the kids!  Love the turquoise cardi paired with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who could blame for wearing this dress a lot?? It's fantastic and looks awesome on you!  

    I'm not an eye cream wearer so I don't have suggestions -- though I was thinking that it might be something to start looking into so your post is well timed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't stop wearing it! It looks amazing on you! and the whole ensemble looks different every time you wear it! Right now, I can't stop wearing my black blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emboobening is the best made up (presumably) word ever.  And your hair looks fabulous, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Emboobening" is a term coined by A-Dubs of In Professorial Fashion a while back to describe the phenomenon of long necklaces wrangling the chestal arena.  I wish I had thought of that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, a black blazer is a perfect piece to keep on wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. According to my buddy who works in retail, we're just a couple years from the "middle age" consumer bracket.  I'm OK with that.  Being a "youthful" middle age is basically what I've been doing my whole adult life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree - the dress looks great, keep styling away at it! 

    The puffiness, oh how I can relate.  I've got purple coloring that sometimes makes it even more ridiculous.  I've tried all kinds of stuff (Garnier, yup, etc) and I think I'm just one of those people who has to watch the salty stuff later in the day and drink a lot of water. For moisturizing purposes:  good ol' vaseline at night.  Works better than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a fabulous dress with lots of versatility; no wonder you wear it a lot!
    I like Target's Up and Up eye serum; I don't have lots of puffiness but I have wrinkles. And they are much less pronounced with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep wearing this dress! It's beautiful, versatile and looks great on you!
    I've tried quite a few eye creams and have never found one that did anything for puffiness or dark circles. Proto-wrinkles, yes, but not the other issues. Time to go old school and try tea bags?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually didn't think about going old-school!  Maybe cucumbers actually work too?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tip - I'll have to check that out!  Just another excuse to go to Target :)

    ReplyDelete